Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Got to play Derby again next year

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Like you wouldn't believe! I still can't believe it happened.

You're right about when we had the ball. It was either hoof it hopefully to Charlie Austin or try and find Hoilett. Not what we were expecting. However you had a lot of the ball, played the better football, you didn't score and at the crucial time, your defenders switched off. It's as simple as that.

Key moment for me was Clint Hill stopping the substitution of Hoilett for Karl Henry. He went running toward the technical area and told them to take him off, drop Traore to left back and leave Hoilett on. Not too many I can think of that would do that. Worries me a player could see it but the management couldn't.

I believe 13 players are out of contract and the powers that be have said they've learnt the lessons of last time. We'll see.

Derby players despite their obvious distress and Steve McLaren stayed to applaud us. McLaren magnanimous in his post-match interviews. I wish them well next season.

No doubt about that. Re-reading my original post, sounded a bit whingey, didn't mean to be, I was just so disappointed that we don't do what was required.... At the end of the day, that's why we love footy - Possession, shots, corners mean naff all and a goal means everything!! Good luck next season, if you **** off Rednkapp, you might be all right! :D

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Poor Derby. Rumours abound that Southampton will raid Derby for it's manager & star players as they look to replace their Spurs bound manager as well as stars like Lallana & Shaw. The play-off defeat may well blunt Derby's campaign next season by alerting Premiership clubs to their assets.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
I dont get where all this bumming of Derby comes from, in the first leg of the play offs they could easily have been 3 goals down in half an hour. their 2nd goal was a fluke AND we had 2 good penalty shouts turned down. In th 2nd leg ,although they oplayed us and deserved their win they also had the massive advantage of playing against a makeshift defence shorn of its most influential players. You can add to that an acclaimed "brilliant" goal by the albino was infact another huge slice of luck seeing as he took a swing with his right foot ,missed, the ball hit his left ankle and went in, nothing deliberate about it at all. I've never liked Derby and never will, Hope they get relegated.

Am I bitter.....you ****ing bet.

Agreed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here