Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Got to play Derby again next year

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
With a new defence and goalkeeper!

I really do think they have been unlucky not to go up...

I think they were lucky not to lose the first leg against us by 3 or 4 goals.

Edit: we would have still got smashed in the second leg anyway

Last edited:

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
I would have liked to see Derby win today but if the Derby fan who called me "a gay boy wanker" when I was on my own after the away semi is reading this.

Ha ha ha ha ha!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I don't want to play them again just now. They gave us a skilled and composed and admirable beating. QPR are the sorts of diamond-encrusted cowards I'd more fancy our chances against. Nadgers.
This. Derby in the two playoff matches, for me anyway, were the team that worked us out better than any other team in the season. And I thought they deserved to go up as well and it will be a shame if that team is now broken up for sale to other clubs.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
pleased Derby missed out and disappointed QPR went up

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
That wasthe most one sided piece of football thievery I've seen this season. Even Redknapp was sorry for Derby. I thought some of the trolls who came on here to gloat needed a smack on te chops for their graceless behaviour but that was a real hoof in the dick.

Zamora though...what a legend he is.

Carshaltonloyal

Jan 18, 2011
You let how many goals in against them ??? Premier league ready my ass!! Must of been great being a qpr fan at wembley today, we know the feeling , lots of times over the last few years..........

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
You let how many goals in against them ??? Premier league ready my ass!! Must of been great being a qpr fan at wembley today, we know the feeling , lots of times over the last few years..........

Premier league ready (not a phrase I like) means we've got every thing in place for when we do go up including targets to strengthen the squad you ****. Have you nothing better to do with your time than come on a Brighton site and comment on a non Palace thread?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Think they'll be one of the contenders next season with the likes of Norwich, Cardiff, Fulham and Wigan.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Friend of mine lives up there, so double up hanging out with them and going to the away game. As long as it's not a mid-week one.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Who left the bog door open? It ****ing stinks in here.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Don't recall ever being so gutted to lose a match! From about 30 mins in I just couldn't see us losing, QPR did absolutely nothing bar hoof it up to the forwards.... But we didn't do enough, sh*t happens.

Plus points are seeing us outplay a £65m squad, meeting loads of great people and the £4m we get as the clubs agreed loser (that hurts) gets all. See you next season chaps!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If we have to have a long(ish) haul away game instead of a London one, then Derby gets my vote. Good ground, good pubs, relatively easy trip and (the vast majority are) decent fans.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Don't recall ever being so gutted to lose a match! From about 30 mins in I just couldn't see us losing, QPR did absolutely nothing bar hoof it up to the forwards.... But we didn't do enough, sh*t happens.

Plus points are seeing us outplay a £65m squad, meeting loads of great people and the £4m we get as the clubs agreed loser (that hurts) gets all. See you next season chaps!

It seems most of the people on your forum seem to think you'll walk the Championship next season. Will be interesting to see whether you can keep hold of your best players over the coming months.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It seems most of the people on your forum seem to think you'll walk the Championship next season. Will be interesting to see whether you can keep hold of your best players over the coming months.

I think we'll be contenders, not sure about walking it!! I'm not overly concerned about losing too many players. I guess Hughes may go, but George Thorne going back to WBA will be loss, important to the way we play....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here