Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOSBTS, I know I'm going to be flamed/ banned or worse but here goes...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Isn't the song called Sussex by the Sea, yet everyone calls it Good Old Sussex By The Sea on here..? Just saying....

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Isn't the song called Sussex by the Sea, yet everyone calls it Good Old Sussex By The Sea on here..? Just saying....

It's bad enough we can't agree on the lyrics. Please don't start on the title! (Though you're right, of course.)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
In the many times I've googled GOSBTS I've never come across this one before. Love It.

[YT]fvbx8CLyEPw[/YT]

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Apologies. But doesn't change me view. Despite the flaming! And no I'm not Palarse, God forbid!

I'm Palace, and I think its brilliant that you have a stirring marching song with over a hundred years of history that sets the scene for every duel on the pitch.

I love the fact that my clubs rival has such a great song.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The first line of the chorus is Sussex, Sussex by the sea, followed by Good Old Sussex by the sea.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
GOSBTS for me stands for BHA and also a reminder of Britain's heroics of standing against fascism. One of the best football anthems ever only bettered by YNWA imo.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No disrespect to the WW1 soldiers, but as a modern football song?

Ever since I heard it back in the 1970's I've felt it was a drear, depressive, barely relevant football song.

I'd rather hear Fat Boy Slim's 'Praise You' booming out before they run out, or summat like that.

GOSBTS hardly fires up the players and crowd, does it?

M

**** sake. Yes indeed, ban him, or preferably worse

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Ever since I heard it back in the 1970's I've felt it was a drear, depressive, barely relevant football song.

I'd rather hear Fat Boy Slim's 'Praise You' booming out before they run out, or summat like that.

M

Change our club and county anthem for some pop crap that any club could use?

Sod off.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Slightly better than Z cars (Everton) blowing bubbles (WHU) etc. name one club other than LFC who have a better club anthem?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

M

giphy.gif

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
And we have Fatboy tracks too! We are a class act and have quality music / songs and know when to play them, i.e. not when we score goals.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
GOSBTS sounded effing brilliant today.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

M

On MotD tonight there was chance to witness Palace being turned over by Tottenham Hotspur. The goal that Palace did score/had scored for them was followed by a burst of goal music. This must be awful enough for their fans. However, they are a club with so little understanding of any connection between football and community, that they saw nothing wrong with choosing a song by the Dave Clark Five, a band formed by Spurs fans to raise money for Spurs, to celebrate a goal against Spurs. Its a small thing, but seems symbolic of how little they understand or value what a football club should mean to the place and people it represents.

Say a thank you that you support a club that does what it can to understand its place in its community and has not, for the sake of being 'modern,' abandoned a tune that has relevance and connection with the history of its county.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The first line of the chorus is Sussex, Sussex by the sea, followed by Good Old Sussex by the sea.

Yes I'm well aware of that! Initial point still stands...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here