Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOSBTS, I know I'm going to be flamed/ banned or worse but here goes...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
KT17 is entitled to his opinion so respect it, however mad he is, or how much froth he is currently wiping from his gaping jaw. Having an original song that marks us out above all other clubs works for me. I don't however, feel it is as passionately observed by the faithful as it was in the 70s hey day. And since the advent of the internet, reading grown children arguing over the words or how many sing it, or why, or whether they have pink knickers on at the time is quite silly really. Footy is spontaneous, we ain't no choir, we won't be druv. Carry on... as you were.

Cue Dambusters theme music...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am really big on Tradition in things like that. So long as a tune is not offensive or in appropriate then we should stick to tradition in things like this.

Talking of inappropriate songs sung at football matches. Through the course of work I often end up at many different clubs' grounds. I was once at a ground and wait for it, part of the words in a song being sung were ''ooh ahh suck my dick'' Rude but not overly offensive until I looked round and saw 4 young teenage girls in a group chanting it.

My first thought being of course ''Really........you all have one '' ?

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
gosbts all the way live in oz at1am when i hear that on the internet fills me with pride brings, a tear to my eyes, and makes me miss home.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ah, it's been a while since this old chestnut of a thread topic raised it's ugly head. Fortunately it always gets the same result.

GOSBTS FOR EVER !
" Come on you Dolphins! "

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It's no worse than most others.

The Rockford Files
Z cars
Liver Birds
I'm forever blowing bubbles
Ynwa

And so on

It's not meant to necessarily fire up the players but it's meant to outline an identity.

Would you prefer us to walk out to a song that will become even more outdated and irrelevant after 5 years?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
banned-in-school1964524857-mar-25-2012-600x450.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have it on a CD, which I used to play on the drive up to Gillingham. It was the only thing about those 2 years that was 'Brighton' (the football certainly wasn't).

Mind you, nobody can agree about the words anymore. The younger lads who sit near me (early 30s) dry up after 'and we're going up'. My recollection (1969 to mid 80s, when it sounded very clear all around me) is the words are 'And we're going up to win the cup, for Sussex by the Sea'. Please correct me if this is my 'Scuse me while I kiss this guy' moment :lolol:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Back in the very early 70's, one of the first tunes I learned to play on the stylaphone....for the uneducated kids on here, google it.....It IS our tune, it's known worldwide and we stand or fall by it

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No disrespect to the WW1 soldiers, but as a modern football song?

Ever since I heard it back in the 1970's I've felt it was a drear, depressive, barely relevant football song.

I'd rather hear Fat Boy Slim's 'Praise You' booming out before they run out, or summat like that.

GOSBTS hardly fires up the players and crowd, does it?

M
Do leave off , its quite stirring IMO and perfect for Brighton as they draw support from all over the county, and as for your suggestion, i praise you ? really ?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
When we reached the top flight GOSBTS was booted out and replaced by 'Eye of the tiger', wasn't it? That lasted 5 mins due to fan pressure. Bloody right, too. The thread starter is an A1 cretin.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Hmmm. KT17 ,Epsom postcode,Not a million miles from Croydon. I suggested the Palace connection to him before but it was denied. Makes you think though doesn't it? Shit thread though .By the way, GOSBTS every day for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here