Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer: Dunk should have been POTS

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
If his form had been worse in the first quarter, and he'd finished strongly he would have won. But last time I looked it was Player of the SEASON, not Player of the Last 12 games

You will not win an argument on here by talking sense,best to just sit back and listen to the nonsense

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My heart said Calde and my head said Dunk. The latter has done a great job not only scoring but also covering for Greer's many f*** ups.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
No need to be annoyed at all. I think you are confusing the Argus' headline "Dunk SHOULD have been player of the season", with Greer's actual quote, which was that "If you asked me who was player of the year, no disrespect to Inigo Calderon, but I would have chosen Lewis Dunk"

He's entitled to his opinion as is everyone else.

100% this! Nothing to it, we all have an opinion and thats his. For what its worth, he is right. I love Calde as much as the next person, has he been our most loved player & one of our better players? Yes. Has he been our most stand out? Not really no.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
2 in 29 isn't 'rubbish' for a CB - it's about average really - 3 or 4 a season!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I agree with Greer Dunk is our Player of the season our best player by a country mile,and not just because he scored more goals than our joke of a record signing, yes Calde has a great personality a lovely smile and great teeth but player of the season he is definitely not.Grow up Bozza

You were doing OK until the last bit. As any supporter, I think I'm perfectly entitled to feel aggrieved if I believe a player of ours is disrespecting the fans.

However as [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] points out, there is a significant difference between what Gordon Greer actually said, and how The Argus have spun the associated headline.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gordon Greer: Dunk should have been POTS

This has annoyed me a bit this morning.

Greer told The Argus: “If you asked me who was player of the year, no disrespect to Inigo Calderon, but I would have chosen Lewis Dunk because he started the season unbelievably and plus he’s still the top scorer in the team.
I'm only reading what you've quoted, but from what you've quoted, Greer does not say "Dunk should have been POTS", he simply says he would have chosen Dunk, which is not the same.

EDIT - I see HKFC has already said the same

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Albion fans voted for their favourite player this season not the best player., Greer is right, over the season Dunk was head and shoulders above Calderon. Why should Greer be mealy mouthed to the fans?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
You were doing OK until the last bit. As any supporter, I think I'm perfectly entitled to feel aggrieved if I believe a player of ours is disrespecting the fans.

However as [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] points out, there is a significant difference between what Gordon Greer actually said, and how The Argus have spun the associated headline.

Fair comment about the last bit,I just tried to remove it but was too late

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
After a season like that im suprised there was a award ceremony at all , the only player that really stood out on the pitch during the time he was on it was Kayal .

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think he was disrespectful to make comments on it.
The decision was made and that's that.
It may just cause bad feelings within the squad, nice one Gordon.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No need to be annoyed at all. I think you are confusing the Argus' headline "Dunk SHOULD have been player of the season", with Greer's actual quote, which was that "If you asked me who was player of the year, no disrespect to Inigo Calderon, but I would have chosen Lewis Dunk"

He's entitled to his opinion as is everyone else.

Not as team captain in public he isnt.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
He may be right, but if I were him I'd be keeping my head down, and not commenting on others.

I know he's the captain (for now) but IMO he's had a pretty poor season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here