Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google Nexus 5 [split from new iPad thread]

D

Deleted member 18477

I think the hangout application has replaced the text messaging one. I would imagine the must be an sms select option somewhere. Other than that there's always Handcent our some other third party app.

I have hangout on my samsung s3. Don't use it. I use whatsapp or SMS.

Decided to stick my current contract out for another year and wait for the iPhone 6. Can't wait to have Apple again - mainly because of the ease in transferring music through playlists on iTunes. And if I buy a song from iTunes Store on phone when I plug it in it goes straight onto my computer itunes (don't like the cloud function).

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I have the Nexus 4 but having dropped it in the bath (yes I know!) the touchscreen doesn't work at the bottom so decided to get the new Nexus 5. Apparently its been sitting on a vehicle at Gatwick since 2am waiting to go for delivery but it hasn't left yet. Come on, I need my new phone!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All very confusing. My contract is up now, so O2 have informed me this morning. So now I'm out looking into the vast space realm of phones and (possibly) contracts again.

My brain hurts already.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nothing wrong with LG. They also make good TVs. Regarding mobile phones , my Selwyn wants to get the latest Nokia. I know nothing about such things so is it any good?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with LG. I just have no idea what a G2 is.

The Nexus I bought on Friday has gone back as the one I ordered online was despatched. I'll be using it in anger starting tonight.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I almost considered thinking about touching a Nexus the other day. As soon as I realised that the DEVIL was trying to make me deviate from my holy existence, I ran to the bathroom for a wash. I spent the rest of the evening knelt before my Steve Jobs action figure begging for forgiveness.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
All very confusing. My contract is up now, so O2 have informed me this morning. So now I'm out looking into the vast space realm of phones and (possibly) contracts again.

My brain hurts already.

I'm with you there.
I have a friend who is very much the technological mastermind, but i don't want him to think i am as duncey as i am over it all. So i have to ask him sly questions so that he gives me hints as to what to change my phone or laptop to. "I saw a chap on the bus this morning with a right annoying phone booming out from the seat he was on. He had a Joe Pasquale ringtone on what seemed to be one of them new Nokias. Have they not got a silent option on them or what!??!?! What are the sorts of people you've seen with them Lumia 9920's JJ?" i'll say to him, hoping he gives me the rundown of the workings of it and even describing the sort of person he's seen using them as identical to me. He knows what i'm up to though, but the tacit ruse continues in a gentlemanly fashion.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm in the last 3 weeks of my 2 year contract (with T Mobile) on my Samsung S2.

It's an excting time to be looking to get a new phone.. so much choice.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm with you there.
I have a friend who is very much the technological mastermind, but i don't want him to think i am as duncey as i am over it all. So i have to ask him sly questions so that he gives me hints as to what to change my phone or laptop to. "I saw a chap on the bus this morning with a right annoying phone booming out from the seat he was on. He had a Joe Pasquale ringtone on what seemed to be one of them new Nokias. Have they not got a silent option on them or what!??!?! What are the sorts of people you've seen with them Lumia 9920's JJ?" i'll say to him, hoping he gives me the rundown of the workings of it and even describing the sort of person he's seen using them as identical to me. He knows what i'm up to though, but the tacit ruse continues in a gentlemanly fashion.

Is this post the internet equivalent of this also? Go on, just ask the question - you'll feel better about it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Is this post the internet equivalent of this also? Go on, just ask the question - you'll feel better about it.

I was posting for a friend.
;)

I think i'll go for the sim card deal for a few months, but i am anxious about phoning Orange, my over-priced provider for frigging years, and saying i plan to leave them. can you phone for me please, Papa?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I have hangout on my samsung s3. Don't use it. I use whatsapp or SMS.

Decided to stick my current contract out for another year and wait for the iPhone 6. Can't wait to have Apple again - mainly because of the ease in transferring music through playlists on iTunes. And if I buy a song from iTunes Store on phone when I plug it in it goes straight onto my computer itunes (don't like the cloud function).

Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't the same apply on android? I know if I make a playlist on my phone it will sync to my laptop, and if I buy a song on my handset that also syncs to my phone when I plug it in? Is that because I have Samsung Kies and other manufacturers don't operate such programmes?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was posting for a friend.
;)

I think i'll go for the sim card deal for a few months, but i am anxious about phoning Orange, my over-priced provider for frigging years, and saying i plan to leave them. can you phone for me please, Papa?

I'd suggest phoning them yourself. It's the one time they will offer you a price plan that you won't be able to resist.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Nexus 5 in hand - good to have a fully working phone again! First thoughts:

* Feels better in the hand with the slightly curved back and being rubberised it will not have the Nexus 4s suicidal tendencies to be able to fall off any flat surface.
* Annoyingly the screen protector has Nexus 5 written on it so you can't leave it on.
* The camera sticks out so the back so the phone doesn't lie flat to the surface. Looking forward to testing it on the seafront later :)
* Google hangout is now the default SMS application.
* Unsurprisingly the Sky Go app doesn't work yet on Kitkat.

Now to setup all my apps again...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't the same apply on android? I know if I make a playlist on my phone it will sync to my laptop, and if I buy a song on my handset that also syncs to my phone when I plug it in? Is that because I have Samsung Kies and other manufacturers don't operate such programmes?

Yes it does. But Apple users often mistakenly think they have a monopoly on good technology.

D

Deleted member 18477

Sorry pal. I should have said... I have bought a lot of music from iTunes. Therefore getting it to my phone means having to find the source of the file. This is something I like to do really quickly and itunes meant that was possible - as it would be if I had bought all my stuff through samsungs version etc.

I'm really lazy I know - but I'm just not geek enough to do what I'd need to do over and over as this for me is a job done as quick as possible in my life.

Hopefully that makes more sense. Plus after having an iPhone and then getting a samsung I just prefer apple. In no way am I saying samsung or any other android device is shite, I just prefer the Appleness. It works better for me that's all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here