Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye sky!

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Never been a fan of Sky. the golf club I was a member of installedit and during their first Ryder Cup coverage missed the winning putt for the sake of an advertising break. This year at the PGA at Wentworth, which I go to all 4 days to watch LIVE. Sky this year had exclusive coverage and on Sat/ Sun the tee times were extended to allow an advert break betwwen each pairing. Not much fun for the spectators watching at the course finding something to do between each match. Their F1 coverage is no different to the BBC's because all the cameras and production crew belong to Bernie vision. ( Mr Ecclestones TV company )

D

Deleted member 18477

Sod that!

Premier league, Champions League, Championship, Play offs, Ryder Cup and the other golf, Lions Tour, The Ashes, Twenty20 World cup, Boxing, F1, US Open tennis, Real Madrid v Barca games all for 65 quid a month? Yes please!!

Cost a fortune to watch that all live at the venues!

BT sport free as well cos im with BT for broadband!

I love Sport!

If i hated sport then yea i wouldnt bother!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Sky Sports costs me £24.50 per month to watch on Virgin Media, hardly the end of the world, is it?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Never had Sky so don't miss it. At the moment nothing attracts me to sign up.

However, some people seem to take it up for a few months, then drop it. Then take it up again for a short period.

Not sure how that works or how they do it.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
The free to air HD channels aren't called that for nothing :wink:

I was thinking more along the lines of the HD part as that costs an additional £10 quid a month, i.e. will the 'free to air' HD channels still be in HD if you get rid of Sky or do they have the facility to turn the HD on and off?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I love my Sky couldn`t live without it...how can you miss the Ashes and F1

Same, but more so the boxing, watching the football in the pub is ok now and again but you often don't or cant watch it properly, nice to kick back and listen the comontary etc plus the History and Discovery Chan always got some wicked documentaries.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I have virtually stopped watching almost all tv and don't miss it at all

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Gave up Sky about 18 months ago. 200+ channels of shyte.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here