Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goodbye and Thank you to Glenn Murray

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
He simply had the knack when it came to scoring goals. He seemed to know where the ball was going to arrive and waited there even if it meant being accused of being lazy. And when he had a chance, you always expected him to score, which his only been true in my time as a fan of Ward, Nelson and Bobby Z. Whereas with most of our forwards over the years, you expect them to miss.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
All the very best Glenn. You'll always get a fantastic welcome when and if you play at the Amex. With your past record you'll probably score as well.Legend status is all to easily bandied about but to you Sir it's fully deserved.G.O.A.T.:clap2:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
These days I forget he was at Palace.

Cheers Glenn, it was emotional.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
An end of an era. A player synomious with our club. Its been an absolute privilege to watch Glenn in three different divisions. He's scored some wonderful goals. Some really crucial goals. Some cheeky goals. We are gonna miss him and perhaps we already do! I hope he has great swan song at Forest and I really enjoy seeing him as a pundit. 2020-08-murray-westham-800x445.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey, a bit rewriting of history. Wasn't it because Poyet didn't want him or at least didn't think he was worth what he was asking for?

Always take people who write 'would of' with a pinch of salt. As if TB makes decisions about playing staff, FFS. Oh well. And I hope the dick who posted 'Judas' was kiddng. Judging by the zero thumbs up I doubt it. There's always a couple of pricks . . . .

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Unusually intelligent, too. One of the few players who you genuinely want to hear from at final whistle. I'm sure he'll be able to make a fist of punditry.

Did we ever get an answer to the five fingers goal celebration?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Murray is up there with Ward and Zamora in the Albion Striker Pantheon of Legends.

This looks like a great move for him, and with service from Knocky and Lolly Forest should have enough now to move up the table.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unusually intelligent, too. One of the few players who you genuinely want to hear from at final whistle. I'm sure he'll be able to make a fist of punditry.

Did we ever get an answer to the five fingers goal celebration?

His wife's hairstyle at the time.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
I can honestly say that his injury during that infamous match against South Norwood Athletic was as upsetting as us losing. A gentleman, a great player - the best. I hope he returns as our forward coach as soon as he stops playing, as he will really make Maupay and Tau better players.

Just imagine how Murray and Ward together in their prime would have gone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here