Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goodbye and Thank you to Glenn Murray

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Agree fully with OP. Magnificent for us and undoubtedly a key player in getting and then retaining PL status. I’m just enjoying the 5live coverage of the game yesterday and he’s far more incisive and sensible with his comments than many pundits. I hope like Sidders he may combine media and future work at ours once he finally bows out as a player. Really hope he gets some goals for NF. A true hero GM - well played

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Thankyou Glenn for giving me some great memories, and one of the best was watching you scoring for fun in our last season at Withdean, my very best wishes for your continued career at Forest.
As others have said, a true Albion legend.
:bowdown:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
One of the very very best players to have graced our club... It was never his fault that he ended up being forced out to those :tosser: up the road

I hope all goes well for the future for him.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I wonder wether he will move up to Nottinghamshire, he’s got a lovely drum down here and his Mrs is a Brighton lass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good thread and hopefully he reads NSC. A genuine Albion legend who is part of the fabric of the modern Albion (and Palace), I miss him but his time has come. Great that he’s going to be playing for CH again. Thanks for the memories Glenn :bowdown:

Lots and lots of them, these are just the PL ones

https://youtu.be/moMd7Mfu1IA

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I wonder wether he will move up to Nottinghamshire, he’s got a lovely drum down here and his Mrs is a Brighton lass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would imagine as it's only a deal until the end of the season then Forest will put him up somewhere there and he'll split his time between Nottingham and Brighton with his family. I can't see him moving his whole life up there for what could only be 4 months of football.

As everyone else has said wish him nothing but luck, a legend for us who contributed on the pitch to get us promoted twice and scored the goals that helped keep us in the PL. For me he deserves to be mentioned alongside Wardy and Bobby Z when talking about the best goalscorers I've seen at the club, i'd go as far to say as an out and out finisher he's probably the best we've ever had.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A legend perhaps twice over if that's possible.

Disproved the "never go back" saying. His contribution to this football club has been enormous. :bowdown::bowdown::albion2:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Got us up and kept us up over the course of 4 seasons, as others have said quite simply a legend

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great player and magnificent for us, bar that stupid handball at Tranmere

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
A goal every two and a half games over 287 appearances.... great service to the club.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
A true Albion legend. My favourite goal was the one at Palace a couple of seasons ago from Dunky's long ball forward but plenty from the old days too.

Hope he scores a few for Chris Hughton.

And then has a great career in the media when it will be a pleasure to hear his view on Albion matches.

My favourite too!

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
still cross with him for not tracking fabian delph back against leeds at withdean....

JK. Absolute albion legend, and a legend at palace too, takes some doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here