Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck 89 points you deserve it

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can some of you please stop being a dick to the perfectly reasonable Boro fan!
I don't think he's had much abuse, which is more than reasonable given that he hasn't even apologised or condemned Mike Dean

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
First you say history is against us,

The problem is that we've only beaten Hull out of the top 6. All the rest, apart from your December game at ours,have been draws.
We need to beat teams around us, which doesn't give me much hope for the playoffs.

then when someone points out a different version of history

But that is history - this says we are good enough:

Team P W D L F A GD Pts
Brighton 46 24 17 5 72 42 30 89
Hull 46 24 11 11 69 35 34 83
Derby 46 21 15 10 66 43 23 78
Sheff Wed 46 19 17 10 66 45 21 74

you say history doesn't matter!

That means nothing now. 4 teams play two games on a level footing.

Make your mind up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
First you say history is against us,

then when someone points out a different version of history

you say history doesn't matter!

Make your mind up.

I didn't say history was against us. I said we had only beaten Hull. The number of points won during the season mean nothing.
We've still got to beat at least two teams in the top 6.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I don't think he's had much abuse, which is more than reasonable given that he hasn't even apologised or condemned The Complete And Utter Shyster

I get the anger, but no apology or condemnation from the OP is surely needed here ?

fridge is not the ref !

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I didn't say history was against us. I said we had only beaten Hull. The number of points won during the season mean nothing.
We've still got to beat at least two teams in the top 6.

Your statement implied exactly that!

How about, we didn't beat them in the league but this is now a cup competition, so results during the season mean nothing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There isn't any real pressure tonight though.

Don't agree, if we go 2 or 3 down, it's practically game over.

I feel there isn't a lot between us and Boro, whereas I think Wednesday have a lot of the things we seem to struggle against.

Plus unlucky ground etc......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I get the anger, but no apology or condemnation from the OP is surely needed here ?

fridge is not the ref !
If he had an ounce of decency in his northern body he'd condemn the ref and apologise for Gaston knocking the card out of the Mike Dean's hand

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we win or lose by 2, it's still all to play for in the second leg. Even needing 3 in one half isn't beyond possibility, as Liverpool showed (again) a few weeks back.

Obviously I won't apply that logic to the dark despair that will consume me should we lose, even if by just 1.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If we win or lose by 2, it's still all to play for in the second leg. Even needing 3 in one half isn't beyond possibility, as Liverpool showed (again) a few weeks back.

Obviously I won't apply that logic to the dark despair that will consume me should we lose, even if by just 1.

How confident would you feel though, even at 2 down?

They were very resolute at The Amex.......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How confident would you feel though, even at 2 down?
I think I've covered that, I'll be melancholy even if only 1 goal down. Our team has been fantastic all season, I've never seen anything like it and we just don't deserve the shitty refereeing decisions we're getting, and I'm pretty pissed off about it.

They were very resolute at The Amex.......
Yes they were, but each game is different. It would be tough for either side to try and hold a 1 goal lead for 90 minutes.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I don't really know why people keep saying we deserve it. No we don't. We don't deserve it any more than the other 3 in the playoffs, why on earth should we deserve it? They all did enough to make the top six, just like we did. Everyone deserves to go up based on finishing top six, that's how it works.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I feel there isn't a lot between us and Boro, whereas I think Wednesday have a lot of the things we seem to struggle against.

Plus unlucky ground etc......

It's not worth thinking about "ifs" at the moment. I just want to see a good performance tonight and will try and enjoy it.

You are welcome to worry as much as you want though, don't let me stop you :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't really know why people keep saying we deserve it. No we don't. We don't deserve it any more than the other 3 in the playoffs, why on earth should we deserve it? They all did enough to make the top six, just like we did. Everyone deserves to go up based on finishing top six, that's how it works.

I agree. It sounds like a sense of entitlement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here