Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck 89 points you deserve it

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I dont want to make this into a Boro forum, I am a genuine fan and we just missed out last year so know how it feels
I don't think you do know how it feels. We missed out in the playoffs two seasons running, but this year has been different - we've been better and have missed out due to refereeing decisions.

I do appreciate your wishes of luck.

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I dont want to make this into a Boro forum, I am a genuine fan and we just missed out last year so know how it feels,I really hope you do enough to win these play offs and dont feel the despare of defeat in the play offs that I felt. I think it would be even worse for Brighton because of whats gone on...so again I wish you good luck...on your day you can win these without luck but if you need it I hope it comes your way...see you in the prem next season..fingers crossed.

Appreciated, but I fear the despair of defeat you are referring to, or particularly the manner of the defeat (if you can call it that, we drew the game) is what has already happened to us. Some of us, even the most die hard, are struggling to build it up again for the start of the playoffs, as we have missed out on what we all felt we deserved by 2 GD and were prevented from contesting the outcome by an official - whose decision will in turn affect us in the 2, hopefully 3 games to come.

It's of note that, had you beaten us 2-0 or by any comfortable margin, we'd all be feeling alot better about the coming games. Instead, we feel robbed and aggrieved and anything less than another showdown, at Wembley this time, is a disappointment and less than we deserve. We all know what the playoffs are like though, and Sheffield Wednesday will be a tough challenge in of itself with no guarantees.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well its not really the place to say if it was red or not but that was a very direct question so ...I am delighted we got promoted, I am very sad it wasnt you and us, I feel sorry for Stephens missing out on the play offs and of course its a sore point was it red ? 50 /50 ..if all the 50/50 go your way for the next three games I will be very happy....good luck.

Talk about evading the question! Are you a politician?

But thanks for the good wishes. Glad you're not Burnley.

fridge

Dec 19, 2015
Appreciated, but I fear the despair of defeat you are referring to, or particularly the manner of the defeat (if you can call it that, we drew the game) is what has already happened to us. Some of us, even the most die hard, are struggling to build it up again for the start of the playoffs, as we have missed out on what we all felt we deserved by 2 GD and were prevented from contesting the outcome by an official - whose decision will in turn affect us in the 2, hopefully 3 games to come.

Well I hope not, You have only lost five games this season..that gives me every reason to think Brighton will get promotion and like I said I hope so you deserve it.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Good for you Fridge. I still quietly seethe about Craig Pawson's refereeing performance in our home game against Burnley. I thought Dyche had him in his pocket. So Dean's yellow/ red card pantomime brought up old wounds. Anyway you deserve to go up and were better than Norwich last season.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Boro fan, good luck I think you are good enough to win the play offs and over the course of the season you do deserve to...it really should be top three up.

Thanks fridge.

As you know, all clubs and their supporters boards have a few small-minded, immature, angry saddos who just can't let things go.

**** off ,nuisance twunt.

Ah, I see you've meet one of ours.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I dont want to make this into a Boro forum, I am a genuine fan and we just missed out last year so know how it feels,I really hope you do enough to win these play offs and dont feel the despare of defeat in the play offs that I felt. I think it would be even worse for Brighton because of whats gone on...so again I wish you good luck...on your day you can win these without luck but if you need it I hope it comes your way...see you in the prem next season..fingers crossed.
Very fairly put. Mind you, we already know all about the despair of defeat in the play-offs - three times we've been in the play-offs from this division, and missed out every time - including twice in the last three seasons.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well I hope not, You have only lost five games this season..that gives me every reason to think Brighton will get promotion and like I said I hope so you deserve it.
A lot on here think the mighty Sheffield Wednesday are world beaters, only surpassed by the invincible Derby.

Not a view I subscribe to.

Thanks for your good luck wishes once again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The problem is that we've only beaten Hull out of the top 6. All the rest, apart from your December game at ours,have been draws.
We need to beat teams around us, which doesn't give me much hope for the playoffs.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
The problem is that we've only beaten Hull out of the top 6. All the rest, apart from your December game at ours,have been draws.
We need to beat teams around us, which doesn't give me much hope for the playoffs.

But that is history - this says we are good enough:

Team P W D L F A GD Pts
Brighton 46 24 17 5 72 42 30 89
Hull 46 24 11 11 69 35 34 83
Derby 46 21 15 10 66 43 23 78
Sheff Wed 46 19 17 10 66 45 21 74

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But that is history - this says we are good enough:

Team P W D L F A GD Pts
Brighton 46 24 17 5 72 42 30 89
Hull 46 24 11 11 69 35 34 83
Derby 46 21 15 10 66 43 23 78
Sheff Wed 46 19 17 10 66 45 21 74

That means nothing now. 4 teams play two games on a level footing.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
That means nothing now. 4 teams play two games on a level footing.

Ever heard of positivity? It might mean nothing to you but it shows we are good enough irrespective of past results.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This thread's got weird

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here