Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Golf - do you play?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Played singing hills today in wonderful condition. Pretty well priced considering the rip off prices being charged by Mid Sussex and West Hove today. £50 for both. Managed to get on at Singing hills for £35.

Mid Sussex is now even £30 to play with a member........hugely overpriced IMO. Singing Hills much, much better value.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nope. Never have. Never will. Never felt the slightest need. Absolutely fine about that - no regrets. Lots of other regrets in life of course - but not spending any of it playing golf counts as a plus. :thumbsup:

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Thanks, I think it was the victoria and the Laguna I played. The laguna was towards the end of the day and the sun was low in my eyes as I pitched in to what seemed a straight forward par 3 towards the end of the round, I was up by at least 5 shots until that hole against a local. I went to the green and could not find the ball anywhere after searching as long as I dared! The water was probably the landing zone! But we both heard nothing and saw nothing!
I had to settle for a draw in the end!

Victoria has the most water, all on the back nine. Not played Old Course, but played all the others and Victoria is by far my favourite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We have an annual trip to Portugal - had several of my most memorable moments on golf courses on some of these.

Laguna - one of our group duck-hooked his tee shot on a par 3 over some trees and landed directly in a swimming pool. Decided to tee up another ball once the laughter had subsided.......did exactly the same with that one as well
Pinhal - ****ing trees everywhere. Only time I have seen an entire fourball literally sitting on the grass crying with laughter (swooosh.....thwack.......swooosh....thwack........swooosh....thwack)
The courses at Vale de Lobo are real class.........but difficult

We’ve migrated to Alvor now, much, much cheaper to stay than Vilamoura or Albufeira and a decent choice of hotel and courses (all tied up with the Pestana group - Laguna, Mlillenium and Victoria are part of the Oceanica Group).....Gramacho, Silves, Pinta and usually a final round at Vila Sol (as v near the airport) makes for a great long weekend. Can’t wait....missed last year for obvious reasons. Bournemouth was nice but not quite the same !

They are not Oceanica any more. Now Dom Pedro and even more expensive!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Used to play a lot and had a decent handicap. No longer do, and no longer do.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I'm a proper high handicapper, last round I was five over through the first five holes and then went ten and nine on the next two holes.
Love playing just don't have the time hence being inconsistent. It's something I'd think about doing more when I retire, would probably need lessons but the last time I had a lesson I felt it ruined me.
I use to play a lot of cricket and cover drive the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here