Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Golf ball thrown from West Stand Upper during Wigan game

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I mentioned this yesterday at the game & someone who sits in the row behind said immediately that they saw said ball bouncing down the steps of the aisle during the previous home game.

Golf balls being particularly bouncy on concrete surfaces, it's not remotely beyond the realms of possibility to imagine that someone did indeed drop it. Also proves that you wouldn't need to be in the front row to reach below.

I find it hard to believe that someone would have deliberately lobbed one from half way up the WSU, and especially that they would have tried to bounce it down the steps and up over the Perspex shield at the bottom. People would have seen it happening surely?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I mentioned this yesterday at the game & someone who sits in the row behind said immediately that they saw said ball bouncing down the steps of the aisle during the previous home game.

Golf balls being particularly bouncy on concrete surfaces, it's not remotely beyond the realms of possibility to imagine that someone did indeed drop it. Also proves that you wouldn't need to be in the front row to reach below.

I find it hard to believe that someone would have deliberately lobbed one from half way up the WSU, and especially that they would have tried to bounce it down the steps and up over the Perspex shield at the bottom. People would have seen it happening surely?

I think you have cracked it.
If the ball was unplayable (probably under the seat) then 1 clubs length will put it on the concrete steps. Dropping the ball from shoulder height will make it bounce down the steps at quite a rate and would have easily bounced into the lower tier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here