Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Golf ball thrown from West Stand Upper during Wigan game

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I reckon you could reach the centre spot from an ideal location in the WSU.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
They've already ruled out every person in the 1901 then?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I hope the ball was returned.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sorry but I don't believe for one moment somebody purposely threw a golf ball at the press box.

Possibly dropped on as these things have a mind of their own bouncing around on concrete.

This sounds like it could be nearer the truth, I'm sure someone on here would have mentioned it before yesterday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside do footballers still play golf? I remember a time when it was quite common for players; don't hear about it so much these days.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
If a ball was dropped from WSU (it'd have to be from the front row to be dropped, making the culprit reasonably easy to find, I'd have thought), it'd land in 1901 middle tier and not the press box shirley? Nah, if it landed in the press box and they are sure it came from WSU, then it was chucked....

Yes - you'd have to throw it a fairway.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
There is always the outside chance a seagull or a crow dropped the ball. I've seen them doing it trying to smash them like eggs.....but this was from my garden, not the upper west???

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
The culprit is gonna have to lyle low for a while, can understand a torrence of abuse but would have thought something els more appropriate than sending a zinger across the WSU

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If a ball was dropped from WSU (it'd have to be from the front row to be dropped, making the culprit reasonably easy to find, I'd have thought), it'd land in 1901 middle tier and not the press box shirley? Nah, if it landed in the press box and they are sure it came from WSU, then it was chucked....

Not if the front 10 rows let him play through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here