Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldson

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Players like him don't come along that often, certainly not for us ! He was given an opportunity and he's taken it, even after the own goal v Wolves. He has gone from strength to strength !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't we get him for a fair bit less than the 700k or so that the press were quoting? Something tells me it was like £300k - wasn't a marquee signing or anything at the time but seems a great bit of business already from just what he's offered in 3 months!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When talking about the current squad's summer value, earlier.
The thought crossed my mind of 'imagine if he'd put his odd chance away as well'.

I wrote that off a being just plain greedy.
Nevertheless if he becomes as composed up the other end of the pitch, as well, watching his career will be something special.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm going to wait till the end of the season before deciding my player of the year but it's safe to say he is right up there with a few others.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'm going to wait till the end of the season before deciding my player of the year but it's safe to say he is right up there with a few others.

I was just thinking that. Kayal is probably a shoe-in but Goldson cementing his place with solid performance after solid performance has been a joy to see.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
One of many great signings we made this summer but, long term, Goldson may turn out to be the best. Whatever he cost, he's a bargain. Great to have such a young centre back pairing who look really good as a partnership.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The fact he waited patiently for his chance when the team was on that unbeaten run without complaining is great credit to him.

He even admitted at the time, that he was happy to wait his time and learn his trade in a higher league.

When he conceded an unlucky own goal, when the team was on a bad run, it didn't effect his confidence much.

His goal tonight was well deserved for his performances this season

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Amazing to think how well we've done with our first choice centre backs being out of the team for so long. Not only has Goldson stepped in so effortlessly but he has also filled the boots of our club captain - pure class and maturity beyond his years.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Loved the fact that, after scoring his first ever Championship goal, he jogged purposefully straight back, as if to say "That's nice, now : if you'll excuse me, I have some defending to do".

No going mental, just calm as you like. What a player he's going to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here