Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Going Vegan (after xmas)

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
After watching documentaries such as The Game Changers and What the Health on Netflix, I've decided to give going vegan a go.

I have tried once before, but I only last a week. I just found the food bland, uninteresting and difficult!

No meat is challenging enough. Adding in no cheese and no eggs just makes it near impossible! However, I am keen to really try. I'm running the Paris marathon in April and maybe this will help me improve my performance if the documentaries are to be believed along with anecdotes from friends.

So can anybody on here offer me any advice? What are your go to quick and tasty vegan meals as I don't have a lot of time to prepare.

Where can I find good vegan recipes? As at the moment I find the food uninspiring.

What can I have for snacks so I don't fall off the vegan wagon?

All help and advice is appreciated.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
After watching documentaries such as The Game Changers and What the Health on Netflix, I've decided to give going vegan a go.

I have tried once before, but I only last a week. I just found the food bland, uninteresting and difficult!

No meat is challenging enough. Adding in no cheese and no eggs just makes it near impossible! However, I am keen to really try. I'm running the Paris marathon in April and maybe this will help me improve my performance if the documentaries are to be believed along with anecdotes from friends.

So can anybody on here offer me any advice? What are your go to quick and tasty vegan meals as I don't have a lot of time to prepare.

Where can I find good vegan recipes? As at the moment I find the food uninspiring.

Don't bother. If you were committed, you would do it before Christmas, not after the you've bloated your belly on every non vegan delight you can find during the usual food fest!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well you're telling a bunch of strangers who aren't in the slightest bit interested, so I suggest you're pretty much there already.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought Vegans told everyone they were vegans as soon as they become one, not in advance

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I thought Vegans told everyone they were vegans as soon as they become one, not in advance

vegans.jpg

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Nothing bland about fruit, veg, spices and herbs. Add some carbs and you've got a meal.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

I'm a fan of Violife "cheese" and Greggs' vegan sausage rolls.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I recommend people watch the shows you've mentioned, there's many more too which have definitely changed the way I eat. Unfortunately most people aren't willing to change, judging by the latest election most people aren't intelligent enough to make decisions for themselves either.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There's plenty of alternatives around it's all about trying and seeing what takes your fancy

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I recommend people watch the shows you've mentioned, there's many more too which have definitely changed the way I eat. Unfortunately most people aren't willing to change, judging by the latest election most people aren't intelligent enough to make decisions for themselves either.

Ah, the old everybody is wrong and stupid except me argument.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You don't have to go completely vegan straight away, you can fall off the wagon. You can start off one, two or even three days a week and see how you feel about it.

Here are some accidentally vegan products, some of which you are quite likely to know already.

https://accidentallyveganuk.co.uk/

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

funny thing is this doesnt quite say what you think, it highlights the preachy message. the fast food ads have a picture, a slogan, thats it. the vegan is wordy and telling you what to do.

as to the OP, seems to me the sensible approach is to decide to cut out meat and maybe meat products when convienent. making your self a slave to the alter of veganism is daft, having to constantly check if food is suitable, buying more expensive food to meat a self imposed dietry regime.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here