[Football] Going to the Game Saturday or Staying away because of Corona Virus?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you stay away Saturday

• I will be there

Votes: 307 83.9%
  • Staying Away

Votes: 59 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I plan to go but I have a feeling that it won't go ahead.

Especially after just hearing the words of the WHO director-general in declaring the pandemic official.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Especially after just hearing the words of the WHO director-general in declaring the pandemic official.

The Boris & Jenny armchair chat gives more hope of football continuing...

(Watch from 3:07)

[tweet]1237760976482598913[/tweet]

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Should be a dream. Watching us play Arsenal with real supporters, and no ques! If you go to this game. You really are a die hard! I’ll support them and be there. The chances are tiny of getting this flu, versus missing a Saturday 3pm home to Arsenal.
If you aren’t going for health reasons. That’s fair enough. But I can’t see most fairweather Mutes going either.

Last edited:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Should be a dream. Watching us play Arsenal with real supporters, and no ques! If you go to this game. You really are a die hard! I’ll support them and be there. The chances are tiny of getting this flu, versus missing a Saturday 3pm home to Arsenal.
If you aren’t going for health reasons. That’s fair enough. But I can’t see most fairweather Mutes going either.

Nice turn of phrase.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Can't answer this one but I have LAFC season tickets during my Sussex-exile and will not be attending their big cup tie tomorrow against Cruz Azul of Mexico. Not one to panic but just seems daft to go right now when it's on TV anyway...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Boris & Jenny armchair chat gives more hope of football continuing...

(Watch from 3:07)

Well I won't argue with her, she's an expert in this field.

I really hope she is right.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I can understand it. I suspect with the NSC demographic (majority middle aged) it’s not that members are worried for themselves but for elderly parents they might pass it on to.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm going, if it is played behind closed doors, to sit outside the West Stand on a crate, watching a dodgy stream on a laptop.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Staying away. I am restricting non-essential social contact for the time being. We've each got to make our own judgement on this, based on what we've read and heard, and how high we believe the risk to be of spreading the virus to very vulnerable people.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I think it's madness that the game is on. But I'll be going anyway. Which is probably madness too, but I just can't sit at home 4 miles away when I can cycle up there and back, not hang around, keep my coat hood up and gloves on and almost certainly be ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports