Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going to Middlesbrough Thread

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is Hogans at Darlington still stupidly cheap?

No idea, last time we stopped there on the way back from the 'Pool had just enough time to get to Sainsburys and back for the train

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Local game for me. A day of beer, football and then poker.
Just hope we get bragging rights over my work colleagues.
As an aside, met Tony 'Mogga' Mowbray, along with Pardew, at a sports awards event on Thursday. Mogga was a good sort, while Pardew spent his time eyeing up the talent.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
oop north

Leaving Lewes at 8.20 to York - meeting cousin (boro fan ) driving to riverside and back by 10.50.p.m . £45 return - booked it advance a month ago - easy !!! ticked off another of the 92 then and worth it to watch the boys grind out a 0-0 draw which would represent a good point.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

£80 isn't that much more expensive than the cheapest possible ones.

Ours were £50 return KGX-MBR (You could have got them slightly cheaper but the times weren't as convenient). A ticket from Brighton-London would cost about £15. So £65 in total - only a saving of £15.
Not that cheap but it is a long journey and train fares are expensive, but the most we've paid this season is £30 so I don't mind the occasional more costly journey.
A return on the day would set you back well over a one-er so £80 six days in advance is reasonable price really.
There always Liz Costa's coach? :moo:

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Four of us driving up to Bridlington on friday, we're going to a Fatboy Slim gig that night and staying over before making our way to 'Boro on Saturday morning.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Would love to go as I have the day off work, but the cheapest train ticket I could find costs about £80, I'm chuffed if I'm driving on my own, and even if I did, the petrol costs won't be much different to the train price. So on that basis, like a few people I suspect, I really can't justify the expense two weeks before Christmas. I did go to Derby (I feel like I need to justify my hardcore status :D).

If I could magic up a cheaper way of travelling up there, I'd be on it like a shot :( Anyone got Santa's number, he can't be using his sleigh yet...

Cant you 'borrow' a company car?

ada4bha

Jan 27, 2010
Will be on the 6am departure of the Costa Express from Withdean ... (fully booked I'm led to believe but always worth checking if you haven't yet booked anything)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm going from York, £7 for the train, bargain!

Russ & Lucy are doing that too , I've got to shell out £56 from Crap Town (breaking the journey into 3 advance singles there and 3 advance singles back only saves me a couple of quid so I'll just get a return ticket)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Would actually like to do this, but it's the time of the year when we have loads of concerts....had Sussex chorus one yesterday and shore ham oratorio next saturday so not going to boro.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Staying in Leeds friday nite so rude not to really. 100% attendance still ON.

Looks like a nice little party for our longest trip of the year:

Steve Foster +4
Turienzo's Lovechild
Beachut +3
Uncle Buck +14
Rad + a coachload
A Stevans76 + 2
La bha +4
Digweeds Testicle
Easterracemike
Brighton'ove
albionalbino+3
ada4bha+ the bha coachload
Russ & Lucy with Seagulls over Grimsby
Malcolm posketts pockets
Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Any more takers?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Forgot meeting two there who are going up on Friday

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Looks like a nice little party for our longest trip of the year:

Steve Foster +4
Turienzo's Lovechild
Beachut +3
Uncle Buck +14
Rad + a coachload
A Stevans76 + 2
La bha +4
Digweeds Testicle
Easterracemike
Brighton'ove
albionalbino+3
ada4bha+ the bha coachload
Russ & Lucy with Seagulls over Grimsby
Malcolm posketts pockets
Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Any more takers?

Me + 11. :moo:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The last Christmas party to Huddersfield worked out so well I can't imagine anything that could possibly go wrong this time

I thought you had died...............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here