Going to Boro without a ticket.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't want to turn this into a superfan or old git thread, but I am genuinely interested in how many of us going to 'Boro also went to Newcastle 79.

PG

My Mum (bless her soul) went and for a reason I can't remember why I missed out....one of the reasons I'm going is in memory of her.
Nothing to do with the question though..........

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
My Mum (bless her soul) went and for a reason I can't remember why I missed out....one of the reasons I'm going is in memory of her.
Nothing to do with the question though..........

My mum got me surprise train tickets for me and 2 mates to go to Newcastle for my 16th birthday, total star that she is. She is still going strong as a STH in her mid-70s.

PG

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don't want to turn this into a superfan or old git thread, but I am genuinely interested in how many of us going to 'Boro also went to Newcastle 79.

PG

I was there, also at Derby FA Cup home and away (Ward first minute) Forest 1-0,, Liverpool !-0,, Liverpool 2-1, Man Utd 2-2, Semi's, Both Finals, Two play off finals, Hereford, Middlesbrough 0-0 (very cold on a Tuesday night)

But

Not going to Middlesbrough as didn't have any money when they went on sale first time (had enough points) and missed out on the 500.

So superfan missing, this one. NOT HAPPY

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I was there, also at Derby FA Cup home and away (Ward first minute) Forest 1-0,, Liverpool !-0,, Liverpool 2-1, Man Utd 2-2, Semi's, Both Finals, Two play off finals, Hereford, Middlesbrough 0-0 (very cold on a Tuesday night)

But

Not going to Middlesbrough as didn't have any money when they went on sale first time (had enough points) and missed out on the 500.

So superfan missing, this one. NOT HAPPY

Would a superfan not know that the Derby games referenced were in the League Cup

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm on that train too - I think most Albion fans will be. If the game finishes at 14.25, it still gives over an hour and the ground is 10 minutes walk from the station. As someone else posted, I imagine the police will want us out of the ground within 30 mins or so of the end of the match whatever happens.

Will it be sit where you like on the train or in the correct seat - I know I've booked two table seats :lolol:

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I'm on that train too - I think most Albion fans will be. If the game finishes at 14.25, it still gives over an hour and the ground is 10 minutes walk from the station. As someone else posted, I imagine the police will want us out of the ground within 30 mins or so of the end of the match whatever happens.

Just realised that I am on that train too as its Manchester via Leeds - so there will probably be a few more of us swelling the ranks who will stay on after most of you get off.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Seriously considering heading up anyway. Worth it? Even if I don't get in, should be a great atmosphere before and even better after if we do it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Why the hell would you go to a game without a ticket?

Every pub in Boro will be packed before the game and tensions high. Every pub will be packed during the game and after the game with people on the drink all day from before midday (I am not saying it's right) but unless Boro go up, I wouldn't advise any Brighton fans to be in the pubs in Boro after the game. To be fair I don't think many pubs would let brighton fans in. You will most likely be given a pub before the game.
Everyone I know is going out all day who are going the match and those who don't have a ticket will be out in town. Hopefully for a promotion party for us after the match.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why the hell would you go to a game without a ticket?

Every pub in Boro will be packed before the game and tensions high. Every pub will be packed during the game and after the game with people on the drink all day from before midday (I am not saying it's right) but unless Boro go up, I wouldn't advise any Brighton fans to be in the pubs in Boro after the game. To be fair I don't think many pubs would let brighton fans in. You will most likely be given a pub before the game.
Everyone I know is going out all day who are going the match and those who don't have a ticket will be out in town. Hopefully for a promotion party for us after the match.
What you saying, there'll be punch ups? Why can't you just be happy for us? If you win we'll happily have a few drinks with you lot after

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Remember how hacked off Derby were when little old brighton came to town and didn't follow the script to roll over to defeat.

It would be worse.

I can't think of a place I'd less like to be hanging around if we win. I'll save the £100 travel and party in Brighton.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Personally I totally get where the OP is coming from, that need to be in the vicinity at least when a match as potentially historic as this is happening. It's only one step removed from Henman Hill/Murray Mound and no one seems to make much bones about that - watching centre court on TV effectively.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There'll be hundreds of Brighton fans staying up there, I highly doubt there'll be riots whatever the outcome, either side will still have a chance in the playoffs so turning to violence would be stoopid

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
What you saying, there'll be punch ups? Why can't you just be happy for us? If you win we'll happily have a few drinks with you lot after

I totally agree that's how it should be. I was just advising brighton fans. Every town has it's idiots though and with potentially so much riding on it.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
might try the old blue navy jumper and work trousers with a laminated sky sports badge and a small roll of cable trick. wait for the official entrance doors to open and walk in flashing my sky sports badge which is pinned to my jumper. its worked once before in a sell out

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
might try the old blue navy jumper and work trousers with a laminated sky sports badge and a small roll of cable trick. wait for the official entrance doors to open and walk in flashing my sky sports badge which is pinned to my jumper. its worked once before in a sell out

Brilliant :lol:

Boro.mfc

Apr 7, 2016

The main doors which the equiptment go through is in the corner of the north stand. From the north stand you can walk round to the east where the away fans sit so you could theoretically end up next to them lol.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Personally I totally get where the OP is coming from, that need to be in the vicinity at least when a match as potentially historic as this is happening. It's only one step removed from Henman Hill/Murray Mound and no one seems to make much bones about that - watching centre court on TV effectively.

Possibly because in the event of a Murray win there wouldn't be 100's of pissed up Djokovic fans looking to inflict physical damage on you. Not saying Boro fans would of course, but not sure I'd want to risk being a Brighton fan in a Boro pub if Brighton win and they don't go up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Just for one second imagine walking into a local Boro pub in an Albion shirt at 3pm, delirious with joy having just gone up at their expense. Its packed. They've been in there drinking since 12. Would you hang your hat on everyone in there warmly congratulating you and wishing you well for next season ?

Sorry chap. You'd be on your own with that bright idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports