Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going to Boro without a ticket.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Seriously considering heading up anyway. Worth it? Even if I don't get in, should be a great atmosphere before and even better after if we do it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
I went to Hereford without one... Sat in a pub with locals and a big radio..... I didn't reveal my allegiance until after when two guys next to me cheered at the final whistle... duoh!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This, now being booked on the 15.28 which gives an hour after full time I have just had a worrying thought. When I booked our tickets it was all about 2nd place, now we are seriously in contention to actually winning the league, will they have the trophy at Boro, if so will they let us be presented with it at an away ground and if they do that train is going to be a bit of rush.
I originally booked myself on that 15-28 on the basis that the Riverside is, according to Google Maps, only 0.9 miles from the station - so about 15 mins walk or 9-10 minute jog. Allowing for the game to finish at 14-25, even if were held in for 30-40 mins we should be fine, and I reckon the police would want to see the majority of us away on that train anyway.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I think we have 90 minutes in York (as it was much cheaper when we booked) so we could get a later train, but our tickets between Boro and York are advance singles as we are not staying in York Friday night we are in Boro, so if we got a grumpy guard we would have to pay extra.

Better hope he's not a Boro fan.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Our train back doesn't leave until 7pm so we're up there all day whatever happens![emoji30]

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

One of our group is coming up with us without a ticket.

When the extra 500 were announced he ponied up for the same flight and hotel as us (£300) and then missed out.

If anyone does have a spare I do have a thread in the tickets wanted section.

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
A Boro fan has been suspended from attending matches after selling a ticket for the crunch promotion battle against Brighton on eBay.

Tickets reached more than £340 on the internet auction site on Sunday evening.

The clash between Boro, second in the Championship, and Brighton, in third, has been sold out for a fortnight as the winner is likely to be promoted to the Premier League.

Now Middlesbrough FC has issued a warning to fans that profiteering from the re-sale of tickets is a criminal offence.

The club has suspended a fan pending further investigation after being alerted to the re-sale of tickets at inflated prices.

Bids for the ticket reached over £340Bids for the ticket reached over £340
A club spokesman said: “Under no circumstances will we tolerate fans profiteering from the sale of match tickets to other fans.

“Any fans identified doing this will be suspended from purchasing match tickets and from using their Season Card subject to an investigation.”

Tickets or season cards found being offered for re-sale will be cancelled without notice or refund and will not be valid under any circumstances for that particular match.

The listings for the ticket have now been removed from eBay.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Could be a touts big pay day

What are Boro going to do when they (hopefully) miss out on automatic promotion, do they still have a lap of the ground by the team as its the last home league game, or wait for the home play-off game. Would the ground empty in a nano-second from about the 80th minute leaving us to celebrate in an otherwise empty ground.

Trying to but this to the back of my mind until after Monday's game.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A Boro fan has been suspended from attending matches after selling a ticket for the crunch promotion battle against Brighton on eBay.

Tickets reached more than £340 on the internet auction site on Sunday evening.

The clash between Boro, second in the Championship, and Brighton, in third, has been sold out for a fortnight as the winner is likely to be promoted to the Premier League.

Now Middlesbrough FC has issued a warning to fans that profiteering from the re-sale of tickets is a criminal offence.

The club has suspended a fan pending further investigation after being alerted to the re-sale of tickets at inflated prices.

Bids for the ticket reached over £340Bids for the ticket reached over £340
A club spokesman said: “Under no circumstances will we tolerate fans profiteering from the sale of match tickets to other fans.

“Any fans identified doing this will be suspended from purchasing match tickets and from using their Season Card subject to an investigation.”

Tickets or season cards found being offered for re-sale will be cancelled without notice or refund and will not be valid under any circumstances for that particular match.

The listings for the ticket have now been removed from eBay.

How many weeks benefit is that? :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What are Boro going to do when they (hopefully) miss out on automatic promotion, do they still have a lap of the ground by the team as its the last home league game, or wait for the home play-off game. Would the ground empty in a nano-second from about the 80th minute leaving us to celebrate in an otherwise empty ground.

Trying to but this to the back of my mind until after Monday's game.

You could imagine the situation in reverse if the result goes in their favour, of course.

At least it would give us time to escape. Difficult one for our players in that scenario, as you (well, I know I would) would want to applaud them off for a magnificent effort this season, yet the chances are, the crowd would be on the pitch in a heartbeat. I remember seeing a bunch of fat Derby fans taunting a couple of our players when they got through to the play off final at the iPro. Must have taken a lot of restraint from the lads not to react.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
You could imagine the situation in reverse if the result goes in their favour, of course.

At least it would give us time to escape. Difficult one for our players in that scenario, as you (well, I know I would) would want to applaud them off for a magnificent effort this season, yet the chances are, the crowd would be on the pitch in a heartbeat. I remember seeing a bunch of fat Derby fans taunting a couple of our players when they got through to the play off final at the iPro. Must have taken a lot of restraint from the lads not to react.

Ulloa still managed to force his way through to applaud the fans, a nice moment in an otherwise disappointing day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This, now being booked on the 15.28 which gives an hour after full time I have just had a worrying thought. When I booked our tickets it was all about 2nd place, now we are seriously in contention to actually winning the league, will they have the trophy at Boro, if so will they let us be presented with it at an away ground and if they do that train is going to be a bit of rush.

I'm on that train too - I think most Albion fans will be. If the game finishes at 14.25, it still gives over an hour and the ground is 10 minutes walk from the station. As someone else posted, I imagine the police will want us out of the ground within 30 mins or so of the end of the match whatever happens.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I imagine the police will want us out of the ground within 30 mins or so of the end of the match whatever happens.

Burnley game may not have finished by then. Sorry BG

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Burnley game may not have finished by then. Sorry BG

I guess that could be a factor but would they let us stay in the ground? Would they delay the second half kick off?

In any case, I'd like to see a 'revenue inspector' insist on a few hundred euphoric/mega pissed-off Albion fans cough up the extra fare for catching a later train!..

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
If we do it up there, it is now very likely to be at 'Boro's expense. In which case, I for one am not going to hang around on Teeside.

If you don't have a ticket, the best atmosphere will be in the pubs of Brighton, especially after the game if we do it.

PG

I go along with that,its a hell of a way to go and it could well be even further coming back,surprised that two teams at the top of the Championship at this stage of the season are not being shown on Sky

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I go along with that,its a hell of a way to go and it could well be even further coming back,surprised that two teams at the top of the Championship at this stage of the season are not being shown on Sky

It will be on Sky

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I don't want to turn this into a superfan or old git thread, but I am genuinely interested in how many of us going to 'Boro also went to Newcastle 79.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here