Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOD: How much do you believe in him?

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
DerbyGull has a great way of disappearing just when conversations get interesting, I have been having several good conversations with him throughout this thread and when he gets to a difficult area he ups and leaves. I know its not his job to field our questions but its quite fun when he does.

:D

It's a common thread with many apologetics. Witness the many (mainly xtian) youtubers who post idiotics rubbish and then disable rating and comments on their tripe. Classic examples are people like shockofgod, nephilimfree and the vortex (some catholic called Michael Voris I think it is). Some credit is due to dg for at least trying to defend his position but he is really doing it from a position of weakness imo.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
It's a common thread with many apologetics. Witness the many (mainly xtian) youtubers who post idiotics rubbish and then disable rating and comments on their tripe. Classic examples are people like shockofgod, nephilimfree and the vortex (some catholic called Michael Voris I think it is). Some credit is due to dg for at least trying to defend his position but he is really doing it from a position of weakness imo.

I agree credit due to DG for giving his best, great work DG! but his selective answering makes me feel he is aware of his position of weakness

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.

well, i dont think we'll have much disagreement on that definition. i would only add that those in the cult often dont acknowledge they are.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I usually disappear just to take time out or do something else. It can be a bit of a headfuck arguing/disagreeing etc all the time (I was just walking the dog). And alot of the time i just can't answer your question. I am modest enough to admit there's far more i don't know than i do.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I usually disappear just to take time out or do something else. It can be a bit of a headfuck arguing/disagreeing etc all the time (I was just walking the dog). And alot of the time i just can't answer your question. I am modest enough to admit there's far more i don't know than i do.

But that is the whole point. Its all about faith. Faith is a state of mind and not based on evidence or fact and you actually believe it or you dont.

No-one knows if there is a god or not. No-one has ever come back to tell you the answer ( unless you have faith and then you believe that a Jew in palestine some 2000 odd years ago who was nailed to a tree, died and actually came back to tell his diciples that actually he wasn't dead, just up in the sky somewhere waiting for them and all those people who believe in him)

The thing is, this sort of discussion and its all over the internet on almost every forum going, gets hyjacked by people trying to put other people down for their beliefs and to show whoever is looking that they are uber clever. A bit like the conspiricy theorists that so aboud this world.

Yes we all know there are extremists who will kill people for believing something different, this can be traced back as far as the Persian Empire 3000 years ago ( who invented the earliest Postal system as an aside) and before that to the Greeks and no doubt neanderthal man thought that it was odd that the trees moved by an invisible force and it must be some sort of invisible neanderthal man. So can't we all just accept that there are a huge proportion of people in the world who do believe there is a God and until we all die, we dont know if they are enlightened or crackers?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
No one converted, but they all found their souls and god spoke to them all.
Oh cooool.

It would be interesting to hear what he/it had to say!

Can't find it on youtube though.

It's got to be on there. People post videos of their dogs licking their own bollocks, so someone must have posted the video of the all mighty coming down for a chat with the group! It must be me, but I just can't seem to find it!

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
But that is the whole point. Its all about faith. Faith is a state of mind and not based on evidence or fact and you actually believe it or you dont.

No-one knows if there is a god or not. No-one has ever come back to tell you the answer ( unless you have faith and then you believe that a Jew in palestine some 2000 odd years ago who was nailed to a tree, died and actually came back to tell his diciples that actually he wasn't dead, just up in the sky somewhere waiting for them and all those people who believe in him)

The thing is, this sort of discussion and its all over the internet on almost every forum going, gets hyjacked by people trying to put other people down for their beliefs and to show whoever is looking that they are uber clever. A bit like the conspiricy theorists that so aboud this world.

Yes we all know there are extremists who will kill people for believing something different, this can be traced back as far as the Persian Empire 3000 years ago ( who invented the earliest Postal system as an aside) and before that to the Greeks and no doubt neanderthal man thought that it was odd that the trees moved by an invisible force and it must be some sort of invisible neanderthal man. So can't we all just accept that there are a huge proportion of people in the world who do believe there is a God and until we all die, we dont know if they are enlightened or crackers?

Quite possibly one of the best posts out of the 1668 thus far :thumbsup:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You're on the ignore list Burns, so don't bother.
Not very christain is it, ignoring people, just because they don't share your views!:lolol::lolol:

Oh well, its been a day so I may as well ask again...

Funny thing about these regilous freaks.

The spu their vile, but when someone asks something they don't like, they tend to ignore it. The disappear for a while, then came back, still ignoring something they dont like.

I'm sure he'll give an answer soon though. Probably couldn't find an answer by googleing it, so Derbygulls probably waiting for some other freak to give him the answer.

Sad, very sad.

May as well ask again as its funny being ignored

Originally Posted by DerbyGull After both of us getting banned you still want to keep bringing this up?

Do you know when to let something drop?

Obviously not.

I'm no playing your games Burns.

Originally Posted by DerbyGull
And he did create man so great that they could learn skills that would FIX that baby's problem.

EARLIER IN THE THREAD around page 30

Originally Posted by Mr Burns

So what about the millions of babies that die each year? How does that work with them getting into heaven..... let me guess, they are taken by default. So what about a child that dies before reaching double figures? Default again.... where does it stop? Or do you have to have lived on the earth for X amount of years to quailify for a place in heaven?
[missing a couple of 'filler posts'] Then...,.

Originally Posted by DerbyGull
You could say they are the lucky ones, though that sounds cruel as they never had a chance at some of the joys of life, they also never had a chance to do good or bad. When some one dies we're (christians) supposed to believe it's because god 'took them'. And because they never had a chance to commit sin (the thing that keeps us from being in gods presence (being in heaven) when we die) then they will go strainght to heaven possibly to be 'sent back' by god to have another chance.

Mr Burns

So any doctor that FIXES a baby is surely doing the devils work, as God has called the baby, the "lucky baby" into his kingdom, so anyone preventing that from happening is working against god, which you have said numerous times, anyone working against god is doing the devils work.

So by that logic, all doctors must be evil?

Derbygull

Trying to google an answer, or waiting for another freak to help him out

EDITED - Placed on ignore list.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Too be fair though, I don't think anyone on here is trying to put down anyones beliefs on here though. Some of us dont believe, some do. Those that do, can't understand why others don't, and us that don't beleive find it strange how an adult can believe in a god/spirit/thing in the sky looking down on us all. But I don't think anyone has yet mocked anyone for having any beliefs.

And then theres DerbyGull. He can believe what he wants, but the reason so many are mocking him, is his views are coming over like a 80 year old bible bashing preacher, who seems to take the bible word for word, yet he opening admits he hasn't finish the bible yet. He's one of these incredibily weak minded individulas that extremists love to find. And another reason DerbyGull is mocked, now by an increasing number, is not just because of his views, it because when he says something that contradicts what he has said before, it ignores people and refuses to discuss it, waits, then joins in the following day hoping people will forget.

He is either a weak minded person, who really needs to be careful he's not picked up by extemists, or someone on the mother of all wind ups, in which case I take my hat of to him.... (if I was waring a hat!)

Mr Burns, your logic in that long post doesn't really work. DG's point (which I don't agree with, but it's his view, he's entitled to it) is that young children are 'without sin' so get to go to heaven. Giving a baby an opportunity to grow up and commit (or not) sin is not an inherently bad thing, and I can't see anywhere in DG's posts that you've quoted where he suggests that it is.

I'm not saying there aren't holes in the argument (but as has been said several times in here, belief inherently isn't, or at least doesn't have to be, logical), just that I don't think you've highlighted one here. But then, I haven't seen all the posts so maybe he incriminated himself somewhere else.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Normally I don't ignore people, in fact I am very accommodating and have time for people. But because I find you such a disgusting human being, it feels GREAT to ignore you. Hey it must be a sign!!
And thats coming from someone who thinks African children are the "lucky ones" to die from famine....... :tosser: I'm glad you find me disgusting actually. Typical religous freaky type, speak against you, and they become disgusting!

And for someone who claims to have me on ignore, you seem to doing a good job of reading my posts and replying to them:ohmy: :tosser::tosser:

Well most of them anyway:p:lolol: :tosser:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here