GOD: How much do you believe in him?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Amazing how finding God costs so much. Or it is? Look at those freaky American preachers, and the Catholic Church.... in fact look at most heads of regilion... hardly hard up for a few bob are they.

And the funny thing is they all love to quote, its harder for a rich man to get into heaven that a camel to pass through the eye of a needle!!! So they are hypocrites as well as con men!! What a lovely thing regilion is! Full of kind mislead people, ruled over by hard core business men with a pretend friend. If you broke it down and took regilous to court by letter of the law, our prision would soon be full of convited fraudsters!!! But its regilion, so its ok!

Works out just over £60 a night plus 3 meals plus freedom to roam the welsh countryside. You'd pay a hotel more minus the food. And you wouldn't get the same experience.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Works out just over £60 a night plus 3 meals plus freedom to roam the welsh countryside. You'd pay a hotel more minus the food. And you wouldn't get the same experience.
Oh good you're talking to me again. COuldn't resisit it could you.:D

In that case, maybe you'd like to have another look at this

Funny thing about these regilous personal.

The spu their vile, but when someone asks something they don't like, they tend to ignore it. The disappear for a while, then came back, still ignoring something they dont like.

I'm sure he'll give an answer soon though. Probably couldn't find an answer by googleing it, so Derbygulls probably waiting for some other freak to give him the answer.

Sad, very sad.

May as well ask again as its funny being ignored

Originally Posted by DerbyGull After both of us getting banned you still want to keep bringing this up?

Do you know when to let something drop?

Obviously not.

I'm no playing your games Burns.

Originally Posted by DerbyGull
And he did create man so great that they could learn skills that would FIX that baby's problem.

EARLIER IN THE THREAD around page 30

Originally Posted by Mr Burns

So what about the millions of babies that die each year? How does that work with them getting into heaven..... let me guess, they are taken by default. So what about a child that dies before reaching double figures? Default again.... where does it stop? Or do you have to have lived on the earth for X amount of years to quailify for a place in heaven?
[missing a couple of 'filler posts'] Then...,.

Originally Posted by DerbyGull
You could say they are the lucky ones, though that sounds cruel as they never had a chance at some of the joys of life, they also never had a chance to do good or bad. When some one dies we're (christians) supposed to believe it's because god 'took them'. And because they never had a chance to commit sin (the thing that keeps us from being in gods presence (being in heaven) when we die) then they will go strainght to heaven possibly to be 'sent back' by god to have another chance.

Mr Burns

So any doctor that FIXES a baby is surely doing the devils work, as God has called the baby, the "lucky baby" into his kingdom, so anyone preventing that from happening is working against god, which you have said numerous times, anyone working against god is doing the devils work.

So by that logic, all doctors must be evil?

Derbygull

Trying to google an answer, or waiting for another person to help him out

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
As someone who has by default been put on the same side of the fence as DerbyGull in this long debate, can I respectfully request that he refrains from posting on this subject in the future?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
As someone who has by default been put on the same side of the fence as DerbyGull in this long debate, can I respectfully request that he refrains from posting on this subject in the future?

Can you answer Mr Burns' questions?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am what you call a cultural Christian. I like the architecture and the music, but struggle to believe in a single entity as surpreme God.

I actually quite like the idea of the Greek and Roman Gods. Certainly I could believe in Hellios who every night carried the Sun down over the horizon, especially when you have seen the sun setting over Santorini

img_helios.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Best part of £500 to go and find God?

I'm in the wrong business.

i know. every so often in such matters you realise this and ask "why am i arguing and not trying to sell the chap something". after all its what the churches have been doing for centuries. scientology started out as a joke to demonstrate this, look where they are now.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I can give AN answer, my belief, but I very much doubt whether many of you would be happy with it.

It's not about whether I would be happy with it or not, I'm genuinely interested in your answer.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Beautifully sumed in one quote

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours"

I've never heard that before, very good.

In picture format: (right click and select view picture/image for a bigger more readable version)

tiki-download_file.php.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lol, I love that. We're not so different after all, we agree on pretty much everything

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
IF

you believe in a spirit that is given a soul who is given thousands of incarnations, non-physical then physical, then looking at it from the perspective of the spirit or the soul then there is no suffering as you would call it, only experience.

I believe because I have experienced consciousness as soul and spirit. That's what I believe is the meaning of life, to raise your level of consciousness.

You can say I've imagined it and that's fine. It's not going to change the experience for me.

From my experience if you meditate enough then you have moments, realisations that last a fraction of a second but mean you instantly understand massive truths about reality. Ones that you don't even have to think about they just are, real "eureka" moments.

First I thought I was learning new "stuff" then I realised I was just remembering.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I can't wait til the seasons over and we all no the result and this thread gets bounced the shit out off!

Opps wrong thread :p

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course this is going to be ammunition for people like burns. But lets just say I've been humbled enough to want to give it a shot. God is outside of simple logic.
I have no problem with that. I don't blame you giving religion a shot, it would be amazing if god really existed. And if god doesn't exist, but you think he does, and you're happy, that's cool too. But if you try to argue that the bible is accurate, I will argue against you, because it plainly isn't.

One of the many bad adverts for faith is Stephen Baldwin. I remember his smuggly saying (on big brother, and yes, I apologise, although not sincerely) that those who believe in evolution can't explain why 'if we evolved from apes, why are the apes still here' - huh, smug grin, etc. He also said (getting back to the point) that God would only reveal himself to you if you believed in him, but this is clearly not true, because many people have believed in him, and given up after many years, and you wouldn't be able to give up believing if he'd revealed himself to you (the dirty flasher).

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I have no problem with that. I don't blame you giving religion a shot, it would be amazing if god really existed. And if god doesn't exist, but you think he does, and you're happy, that's cool too. But if you try to argue that the bible is accurate, I will argue against you, because it plainly isn't.

One of the many bad adverts for faith is Stephen Baldwin. I remember his smuggly saying (on big brother, and yes, I apologise, although not sincerely) that those who believe in evolution can't explain why 'if we evolved from apes, why are the apes still here' - huh, smug grin, etc. He also said (getting back to the point) that God would only reveal himself to you if you believed in him, but this is clearly not true, because many people have believed in him, and given up after many years, and you wouldn't be able to give up believing if he'd revealed himself to you (the dirty flasher).

I'm hoping the flasher :) reveals himself on the retreat.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I've not read anything anyone had posted for a good few pages, but I'd just like to chip in with a story that happened to me the other day.

I was casually walking through Brighton, looking REALLY cool, and this old lady comes up to me and asks if I've heard the good news?
'Good news,' I say 'go on...'
And the retort I get is that if I start praying to Jesus and repenting all that I'd done (I didn't wash my hands after having a piss) then I *MIGHT* not get burned in the inferno of hell.

I told her that I was an atheist and she went absolutely mental. If these are the people that 'God' has chosen to send his message then I suggest he starts recruiting again.

She's a disgrace tbh. Doing Christians a dis-service

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports