Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOD: How much do you believe in him?

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hey if it makes a positive difference in my life and others, does it really matter? As long as I understand the general message: 10 commandments, the 7 sins and the 7 virtues. Live my life by them. Then why do i need to worry about bears reaking havoc?
No it doesn't matter. Many christians don't believe in the bible. People here are just asking what you do/don't believe in because it's part of the debate.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Yes of course. The fact that you've now asked three times suggests you feel this is evidence of something outside of science?

So how many of the Christians here think Jesus was white? (clue, he wasn't)

OK, thank you. I didn't immediately find your answer to be clear. Is the conscience a physical thing?

Jesus was a Jew. Are Jews not considered white? Or do you have some other relevation to make?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
And how many disciples did JC have? Bet you don't know!

First team and substitutes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
OK, thank you. I didn't immediately find your answer to be clear. Is the conscience a physical thing?
I didn't realise you needed a specific answer until you asked again. Our conscience is just thoughts in our brain, and while we may not assume they are physical, they are. You could change our thoughts and conscience by making changes to our brain.
Jesus was a Jew. Are Jews not considered white? Or do you have some other relevation to make?
They're not exactly my revelations. I'm not even sure he was a Jew (as in today's meaning, as opposed to someone from Judea), let alone a white one. But then I don't know, so many facts have been distorted over the years.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
After all that, you let yourself down immensely.

People. You are wasting your time with Derbygull.

He talks crap. That is a FACT

Another fact is when someone boxes him into a corner, he ignores them, or answers a question that was never asked. He is what give bible bashers a bad name.

You will notice he ignores me, which I find quite funny. But I'm not the only he's avioding. It just proves how pathetic his views are when he won't even attempt to explain them or back them up. He's been backed into more corners that a backie corner thing.

If he hears something he doesn't like, he blanks it. One of the most dangerous sort of regilous nuts there is.

Don't waste your time with him, there's enough people on both sides in this thread to make is a decent debate, without wasting your time with this complete loser!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
People. You are wasting your time with Derbygull.

He talks crap. That is a FACT

Another fact is when someone boxes him into a corner, he ignores them, or answers a question that was never asked. He is what give bible bashers a bad name.

You will notice he ignores me, which I find quite funny. But I'm not the only he's avioding. It just proves how pathetic his views are when he won't even attempt to explain them or back them up. He's been backed into more corners that a backie corner thing.

If he hears something he doesn't like, he blanks it. One of the most dangerous sort of regilous nuts there is.

Don't waste your time with him, there's enough people on both sides in this thread to make is a decent debate, without wasting your time with this complete loser!

To be fair to Derbygull, you were both banned, so he has chosen to ignore you so you don't both get banned again.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
To be fair to Derbygull, you were both banned, so he has chosen to ignore you so you don't both get banned again.
To be fair he's ignore me because he didn't want too, sorry couldn't answer a question based on his quotes. Just like he's choosen not to answer other posters questions, who have picked up on his ramblings contridicting what he's saying.

He got banned for vile comments he made. Not for anything he said directly to me. I got banned for calling him a vile so and so for making those comments, and I haven't yet called him anything sicnce, and wont, as he's making himself a bigger enough [cough]of himself too other posters.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

I ignore him because he's a trouble maker and doesn't know when to give it a rest, plus it makes me feel good to ignore him. I've already stated on here that i'm only just beginning to learn about the bible and religion etc so i don't claim to be all knowledge, far from it.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
You might think other peoples beliefs are bizarre, senseless or mad but when you make it personal because of that then you lose i'm afraid no matter what side of the fence you're on.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
so did you ask him yet?
He sort of already answered a similar question to that earlier. It's one he likes to ignore now. I'll quote him, to save you looking back at post 600 in this thread

You could say they are the lucky ones, though that sounds cruel as they never had a chance at some of the joys of life, they also never had a chance to do good or bad. When some one dies we're (christians) supposed to believe it's because god 'took them'. And because they never had a chance to commit sin (the thing that keeps us from being in gods presence (being in heaven) when we die) then they will go strainght to heaven possibly to be 'sent back' by god to have another chance.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
From my point of view, it's not really about believing, it's about explaning death to them. Easier to have them think it'll all be ok, than wake up in the night crying.

i tried explaining the big bang and the creation theory to my six year old. As i was talking it became apparent to me that the creation theory was much more palatable to him. This maybe the way i explained it, this maybe that he has been pre conditioned by his grandma and religious studies at school or it may simply be that it is easier to grasp for a 6 year old. I don't know. However i can already see him questioning the theory as he learns more (often from me).

The main thing I would like him to learn is to respect people and their views and beliefs.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Seriously, don't be ridiculous.

why ridiculous? if i had God (or someone claiming to be) with me i'd be asking quite a few questions.

Dandyman

In London village.

Jesus if he existed was a Jew born in Roman occupied Judea/Palestine 2000 years ago. What would you say the odds would be on him having fair hair & blue eyes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here