GOD: How much do you believe in him?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
And Mr Thicky, I'm not saying Catholics are evil, I'm saying the Catholic church is. You know that enormously rich organisation, protects paedophiles, interferes in government, campaigns against contraception.

That doesnt make sense.

So the Catholic Church is evil when someone does something bad, yet when someone does something good under its banner it means nothing?

Or are you jsut going with the gross generalisations spiel?

How do you explain the thousands of people who like say a Mother Therese devout their lives to caring for others?

Last edited:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
The biggest victory of the Devils is making YOU ALL think that he doesn't exist./
Here's a rational thought, what makes you think that people who don't believe in any God would believe in a Devil ? Did you just come from Sunday School ?

Because by people not believing in god are sadly falling into the hands of the devil WHETHER THEY REALISE IT OR NOT! The devil hates ALL of us and wants us to FAIL. God loves us and wants us to give a 'metaphorical' two fingers to satan, by doing gods work. The problem is it's alot harder to work for god than it is for satan. Hence why the devils biggest victory is making us think he doesn't exist, consciously or not.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Sending troops to fight a war is not illegal, child molesting is.

What gives you the right to decide whose country deserves to be invaded and kill its inhabitants?

You do realise people end up dead yeah? Or are you saying child molestation is worse than killing people illegally?

Put it another way, The UK elects it's Government through a democratic vote, not like the Pope and his cronies who are elected by their peers and not vast majority of their followers.

No argument from me on that one. But don't be so naive to assume all of the people who vote think the same. Being so learned i'm sure you're aware there's Cardinals within that enclave who have very Liberal views, some of which include contraception, abortion etc

How you can equate the actions of a democratically elected government (fighting what many would say is a holy war, Jihads and all of that) with that of the coverups of the Catholic Church ? What aspect of Tony Blair's decisions have been covered up ? What aspects of the child abuse by Catholic Priests HAVE NOT been covered up ? Can you see the difference ? Probably not, you do say some stupid things.

How can you justify actions that lead to the killing innocent people on the premice of something that never really existed.

Tony Blair opened himself up to a charge of misleading Parliament today when he told the Iraq inquiry that by any objective analysis the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's chemical and biological weapons programme had not increased after 9/11.

That statement directly contradicted Mr Blair's warning to MPs in September 2002 – six months before the invasion – that Saddam's weapons programme was "active, detailed and growing".

Lies to justify a warmongering mean.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I don't know to be honest and do want to believe. At times when you need Him most though he has never been there for me.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What gives you the right to decide whose country deserves to be invaded and kill its inhabitants?

You do realise people end up dead yeah? Or are you saying child molestation is worse than killing people illegally?

No argument from me on that one. But don't be so naive to assume all of the people who vote think the same. Being so learned i'm sure you're aware there's Cardinals within that enclave who have very Liberal views, some of which include contraception, abortion etc

How can you justify actions that lead to the killing innocent people on the premice of something that never really existed.

Lies to justify a warmongering mean.

I see, do you know exactly why we are in Afghanistan ? Quite clearly not. Frankly it's staggering how ignorant you are. The fact that you cannot answer any of the points that are put to you sums you up as a deluded fool with no credibility what so ever. Still using your example of answering a question with a question who decided that the followers of the Catholic Faith had the right to invade other countries and inflict their religion on the indigenous people or killing them if they didn't want to ?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
"You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. (Matthew 7:13)

But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it. (Matthew 7:14)

Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy isn't it? I mean 70% in this poll chose to NOT believe in God.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The biggest victory of the Devils is making YOU ALL think that he doesn't exist./

Because by people not believing in god are sadly falling into the hands of the devil WHETHER THEY REALISE IT OR NOT! The devil hates ALL of us and wants us to FAIL. God loves us and wants us to give a 'metaphorical' two fingers to satan, by doing gods work. The problem is it's alot harder to work for god than it is for satan. Hence why the devils biggest victory is making us think he doesn't exist, consciously or not.

:facepalm: It's crap like this that makes me angry. What planet are you from ? Do you not see just how ridiculous what you're saying is ? Sadly not. I don't care about people like you living in your own deluded little world but I heartily abhor the fact that you might try to influence people with equally simple minds.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
"You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. (Matthew 7:13)

But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it. (Matthew 7:14)

Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy isn't it? I mean 70% in this poll chose to NOT believe in God.

No, not really, how much of the Bible is fact and not fiction ?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
:facepalm: It's crap like this that makes me angry. What planet are you from ? Do you not see just how ridiculous what you're saying is ? Sadly not. I don't care about people like you living in your own deluded little world but I heartily abhor the fact that you might try to influence people with equally simple minds.

Because you had a rough time at school with nuns and are bitter about it (AND I DON'T BLAME YOU FOR THAT), i'm from another planet, ridiculous, deluded and simple?? ??

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I see, do you know exactly why we are in Afghanistan ? Quite clearly not. Frankly it's staggering how ignorant you are.

Afghanistan is a strategic piece of land. That's why you've fought to have some control over it in the past and why the US and the Soviets got involved in it.

You're in Afghanistan for absolutely no justifiable reason. You weren't attacked by anyone or any organisation from Afghnistan. Maybe you're there so BP can get its talons into the locals ahead of the US comeptitors.

Call me a cynic but there's sod all reason all those young Brit soliders needed to die in Afghanistan. Especially as Blair followed Bush like a lap dog.

The fact that you cannot answer any of the points that are put to you sums you up as a deluded fool with no credibility what so ever. Still using your example of answering a question with a question who decided that the followers of the Catholic Faith had the right to invade other countries and inflict their religion on the indigenous people or killing them if they didn't want to ?

As always you can't read. In fact you are the worst person i've ever come across for reading into things your own opinion despite what's written before you.

That indicates you don't want any kind of rational discusion, you just want to be patted on the head and told "it's ok champ, you win".

If you can't understand that what happened 800 years ago was a BAD thing but also a product of its time them it's you are king of missing the point.

So to answer your question.

YES(note I put it in bold so you didnt miss it) any organisation who goes in and destroys a native culture is doing a bad and regretful thing.

How and when you did it in history though does have a bearing on the actions. The more modern an invasion the less excuses.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Who defines what God's work is?

Do people who do not believe in God (or the Christian interpretation of God), but go throughout their lives without committing sin, still end up in the hands of the Devil?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Afghanistan is a strategic piece of land. That's why you've fought to have some control over it in the past and why the US and the Soviets got involved in it.

You're in Afghanistan for absolutely no justifiable reason. You weren't attacked by anyone or any organisation from Afghnistan. Maybe you're there so BP can get its talons into the locals ahead of the US comeptitors.

Call me a cynic but there's sod all reason all those young Brit soliders needed to die in Afghanistan. Especially as Blair followed Bush like a lap dog.

As always you can't read. In fact you are the worst person i've ever come across for reading into things your own opinion despite what's written before you.

That indicates you don't want any kind of rational discusion, you just want to be patted on the head and told "it's ok champ, you win".

If you can't understand that what happened 800 years ago was a BAD thing but also a product of its time them it's you are king of missing the point.

So to answer your question.

YES(note I put it in bold so you didnt miss it) any organisation who goes in and destroys a native culture is doing a bad and regretful thing.

How and when you did it in history though does have a bearing on the actions. The more modern an invasion the less excuses.

You are clearly an idiot, I state facts, you live a life of myth and heresay, the fact that as usual you start handing out insults because you can't answer what is said to you makes you an embarrassment to anybody who does believe. Still I suppose Jesus loves you (for what that's worth).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You are clearly an idiot, I state facts, you live a life of myth and heresay, the fact that as usual you start handing out insults because you can't answer what is said to you makes you an embarrassment to anybody who does believe. Still I suppose Jesus loves you (for what that's worth).

What facts?

You state nothing but opinions.

And why you'd accuse others of handing out insults when as always you're the first one to start dishing them. Maybe it's because you're incapable of discussing anything without making it a personal attack on someones opinions.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Since when is the institution the vast majority of the people?.

funny how you change the word used. i said the organisation, go back and read it. organisation and institution are synonyms. i dint say the people were all bad. however, those that defend the churches actions, or rather inaction, on such issues does make those individuals complicit too. join another church with less blood on its hands.

Is it the vast majority of English people's fault that Blair sent its soldiers to Iraq/Afghanistan? I mean look at all the cover ups and lies involved in that and the consequences.

Using that reasoning if the Catholic Church is evil then The British Government and all its institutions are also evil to the core.

no it is not the population's fault and many have vocally objected. some voted against or abstained on this issue in the election since. not pretneded it didnt happen, or move personel around to another area to committ their crimes again. no one would say the British government is lily white for a moment, alot of bad has been done. again you try to deflect the issue, but again, your argument that becuase others do wrong its ok for the Catholic church is pathetic.

So the Catholic Church is evil when someone does something bad, yet when someone does something good under its banner it means nothing?

no it doesnt mean nothing. but it doesn't cancel out the wrong doing. and as supposed moral guardians they should be lily white but are found well short. i dont think you grasp that this isnt even something that occured hundreds of years ago it happen in the last few decades, its probably continuing to happen right now.

Last edited:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
That's good then, but now I am confused. Earlier you stated "Because by people not believing in god are sadly falling into the hands of the devil WHETHER THEY REALISE IT OR NOT!".
Isn't that a contradiction?

To expand on my original statement: You can believe in God in many ways, consciously or not. If you love things that are self gratifying and fundamentally selfish you are loving satan, effectively. If you LOVE doing selfless acts that help others and you ask for nothing in return except to see the smiles on their faces, then you love god, whether your a Christian, atheist, Muslim etc etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports