GOD: How much do you believe in him?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A bit long, but this pretty much sums up what is going on. All you god haters/mockers please read THIS, then feel free to shoot me down.
[...]
We live in a world where the majority of the people reject the God of the Bible, thoroughly reject Biblical Truth, and live their lives without Christ in their hearts. Moreover, they don’t want anything to do with God because they love their sin.
[...]
These unbelievers are loud, bold, aggressive, and use all of the modern tools of communication to reach the masses 24/7 with their lies and deceptions. They believe that by fighting the truth and denying it, they can escape it and they can be free to live their lives of sin without rebuke.

saw this earlier, have to come back to it. i dont know the source, but it sounds very much like a missionary recruitment sermon. i hope you understand what was done by the cristian churches that went out around the world to enforce people into the cult of Jesus.

Jesus started the catholic church and appointed the first pope. So presumably he's just doing his job. Do you expect him to live on the streets or something?, that would be great ammunition for all the HATERS such as yourself.

??? i dont know what you've missed, but Jesus certainly didnt start the church, some might say he was apposed to the concept. he certainly wouldnt approve of what it has become. the church was established by St Peter, and someone else formed the eastern church around the same time. you seem to lack historic biblical knowledge and have conflicting or inconsistant ideas (one minute the bible isnt important, next it is). very odd for a believer, maybe you are not really that sure...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Proof of the Existence of God

In a court of law the strongest proof that something happened or existed is a witness statement. Seeing is believing. You cannot compare something seen to something heard.

Any historical fact is proven by those who witnessed and recorded the event. It follows that the more witnesses to that event, the more bona fide the fact.
[...]
This event recorded in the Torah, is at the same time, a witnessed event of history and therefore an undisputed historical fact. To discredit it is highly unscientific.

when you bring the actual original documentation (stone tablets iirc, so should have survived easily enough), then you can talk about this as documented proof. and since when did law have anything to do with science?

Last edited:

djm21

Sep 6, 2011
saw this earlier, have to come back to it. i dont know the source, but it sounds very much like a missionary recruitment sermon. i hope you understand what was done by the cristian churches that went out around the world to enforce people into the cult of Jesus.

??? i dont know what you've missed, but Jesus certainly didnt start the church, some might say he was apposed to the concept. he certainly wouldnt approve of what it has become. the church was established by St Peter, and someone else formed the eastern church around the same time. you seem to lack historic biblical knowledge and have conflicting or inconsistant ideas (one minute the bible isnt important, next it is). very odd for a believer, maybe you are not really that sure...

' and I tell you, you are peter, and on this rock I will build my church' matthew 16:18 I think

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I voted for knowing he exists, not because I have faith in his existence but because as long as others have faith he does exist.

In the same way that Greek, Roman and Norse gods all existed.

There is no physical evidence for either side of the debate. For instance, Darwin's theory remains a theory, backed up by masses of uncontradicted evidence but still not capable of proof.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Religion is a human construct, it doesn't exist in any other form of life. Ignorance I therefore suggest is bliss Animals that don't think to hard about life the universe and everything, have no need and desire for a reason or motive.

Life is futile, it will one day end and any evidence of its existence extinguished in the blink of an eye, those of us that can't comprehend this tend to create an ethos or agenda to soften the blow. Those of us that can just get on with it and refrain from worship and adoration that serve to inhibit the human condition.

Religion is a human construct and therefore fiction!

I believe that knocks religion into a cocked hat.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Those were the words of JC. Why do you think Bill Gates and some of the other richest people in the world got together and gave 90% of their wealth away?

Because they know judgement day is coming and are turning to the light before it's too late!

That is hilarious. You associate anything convenient to your religous beliefs to make it as desperately plausible to your brainwashed mind. I implore you to just think about what you type unless of course you are joking. Which i very well could be.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Just worth pointing out to anyone who hasn't read the whole thread (and who can blame you), and who think I am bully DerbyGull, bare in mind this is a "thing" that directly said earlier in this thread, the hundreds of thousands of african children that are going to die as a direct result of the drought, are "The lucky ones" as they will be born again into a better life. So when the tens, hundreds, thousands, tens of thousdands, hundreds of thousands of children die after weeks and months in pain from lack of food, this prick thinks they are "the lucky ones", based on his part reading of the bible. Despite being given a number of oppertunaties to withdrawn or better explain what he said, he didn't, just said they are lucky again.

Judge him as you will, but bare that in mind, you are speaking to a complete vile and nasty individual.

Sadly, the deludion of some people causes pain and even death for others, so rather than do something tangible for the suffering children, they pray for them........and thay still die. Crazy brainwashed people.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I believe someone else may have posted this on here before, but worth repeating.

God is the creation of man.

And remember, religion is no more or less than mass delusion.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I'm leaving this conversation now, no doubt for the next Christian to be shot down in flames by the haters!

or educated derbygull. Your quote on the African kids is repulsive you disgrace. Shame on you, you hideous individual.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
On the street, no. But maybe in a smaller palace. Some of the billions he has could be used for some good in the world, rather than for letting him show off.

The Catholic Church could, for example, advance cancer/HIV research by years in one go. Or feed Africa. Or... well, you can do this bit I'm sure.

Is there any point using up everything they have to feed the poor when that does nothing to solve the reason why they are starving?

Poverty in Africa has nothing to do with religion, it's all to do with corrupt governments and foreign businesses.

The RC church could send countless amounts of aid to African nations only for it to end up in the hands of the armies of the nations who are oppressing the poverty striken populace.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Sadly, the deludion of some people causes pain and even death for others, so rather than do something tangible for the suffering children, they pray for them........and thay still die. Crazy brainwashed people.

Mother Theresa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You

' and I tell you, you are peter, and on this rock I will build my church' matthew 16:18 I think

So you are relying on a document generally believed by scholars to have been written around 80-90 CE Gospel of Matthew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia as some form of proof that the religious fantasy is real then are you? I repeat for the goat knows how many'th time. There is no historical evidence AT ALL for the existance of the nazarene. None. Not a single contemporaenous document. Not a single contemporaneous document refers to him, not one refers to the dead rising and walking the streets of jerusalem or to the resurection.

Add in the fact that the date of the census in the bible is wrong when compared with xtian time lines.

Tacitus and Josephus are the first writers to refer to this mythical person and they do so only indirectly. You would have thought the mightiest empire at the time, the romans, may have mentioned somewheree the leader of this insurrection against their rule but no. Now you decide. Is it because he never existed or is there some massive conspiracy throughout history to suppress the truth.

Then ask why the other 'gospels' the vactican holds are not published? Perhaps because they contradict the current xtain lies and distortions?

Mother Theresa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You

So you are now claiming that one of the most vicious vindictive cows ever to walk the planet as some kind of great person? The cow who refused help to poor people unless they converted to xtainity. Who refused help if the person had had an abortion. If they used contraception.

The person who herself, as the vicious little theresa did, publicly doubted the existance of god in her final years and said she more and more came to believe god did not eixst.

This is your example?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Is there any point using up everything they have to feed the poor when that does nothing to solve the reason why they are starving?

Poverty in Africa has nothing to do with religion, it's all to do with corrupt governments and foreign businesses.

The RC church could send countless amounts of aid to African nations only for it to end up in the hands of the armies of the nations who are oppressing the poverty striken populace.

Remember Live Aid in 1985? It raised millions to help the starving Ethiopians affected by the drought there. Sadly, comparatively little money actually got through, being syphoned off by the then corrupt Ethiopian Government. Of those babies who were saved 26 years ago, they are now having starving children of their own. Nothing much has changed. Some of today's starving babies will survive, and go on to have starving children of their own. And so it goes on. The population of Ethiopia has more than doubled to around 75 million since Live Aid, which means its poorly-organised resources have to go twice as far in a country which is "only one rainless season away from devastating drought".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports