Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOD: How much do you believe in him?

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm leaving this conversation now, no doubt for the next Christian to be shot down in flames by the haters!

Oh come on. I'm not dissing you. I find you rather retro, a bit twee. I like it.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I'm leaving this conversation now, no doubt for the next Christian to be shot down in flames by the haters!
No one else has been shot down in flames. Other people are having a debate.

You have shot down in flames, now by many people, because your views, particually on starving and dying children makes you a vile nasty little [unt.

Its not your views please hate. It's you.

Now go and do everyone a favour, and jump off a very tall building, you vile sad little piece of shit.

God and Jesus will be waiting on the other side for you. They love you. So you might as well end this life, and I hope you will be happier in the next one.

Wazzetta

Sep 6, 2011
Science deals with objectivity, fact and answers. Religion deals with subjectivity, faith, ideals and opinions. You cannot explain religion with science or science with religion.

How many interpretations of "God" are there? Which one is correct? Surely they can't all be right?

Science is only science when a hypothesis is tested and proven.

There is no "Soul", humans just evolved into sentiant beings that could ponder long enough to wonder "WHY?", but thats the joke, there is no reason why.

Life has no purpose, no reason and no next chapter. It exists for its duration until its extinguished, thats it!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Better than being nailed up.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
So, a caveman cooking over a fire is "science" ?? By your reckoning every single death, accident or mishap is down to science

Think. What is science? It is knowledge. It means you discover cause and effect. If you don't understand what science is, then I can't help you.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
There is no "Soul", humans just evolved into sentiant beings that could ponder long enough to wonder "WHY?", but thats the joke, there is no reason why.

Life has no purpose, no reason and no next chapter. It exists for its duration until its extinguished, thats it!

So what do you say to someone who has experienced soul consciousness? They are imagining it, I suppose.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
5% - not according to the figures you quoted. Elderly people within the general population in the 1800's was a rarity. Statistics also show that if your born in December you're more likely to become a dentist. Go figure.

I re-did the figures to include over-65s to correlate with the 2001 census. No, elderly people within the general population in the 1800s was not a rarity.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Like Mr Burns keeps pointing out that i said 'the kids dying in africa are lucky' and he took it out of context. I meant that if their rulers are happy to inflict suffering and famine and death on them and do Satan's work then those children are better off away from that. I would much rather those children were born into safe surroundings. But Satan is at work there and there isn't much that can be done to stop the Satanists. Any aid workers that go over there and try and do good are at risk of death, what is the answer to that???
By this vile little [unts thinkings, there would not a Jewish person alive today.

Hilter would have had free reign to kill every Jew, because he was doing Satan's work and they would have been better away from that. They could have been born into safer surroundings. Obviosusly not as a Jew! Any solider fighting to free Europe, would have been at risk of death, so maybe instead of sending millions of British people to their deaths in World War II, the bible has thought this sick little f***, that we should have just prayed instead, and that the millions being gassed and slaughtered throughout the world were lucky, as they would be born into a better life.

The bible can be a dangerous thing, when idiots like DerbyGull pick it up.

What a pathetic sad life to live.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Oh okay then.

If thats your take on "science" then I suppose its responsable for every death ever.

Mosquitos which are appartently responseable for half the deaths of anyone who has ever lived, kill people by a chemical, so I suppose those deaths are down to science as well??

WOW!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I take it you don't understand what science or scientific discovery actually is? Well, I'm not going to explain it to you. (You do take things a bit literally, don't you? Either you are trolling, or you lack the intellect to see the wider picture.)

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Sinners ? Well I don't know about you but as a law abiding citizen I don't consider myself a sinner so therefore I don't need correcting and I certainly don't need the 'guidance' of a mythical character to tell me what I'm doing wrong either.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Are you so perfect?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I take it you don't understand what science or scientific discovery actually is? Well, I'm not going to explain it to you. (You do take things a bit literally, don't you? Either you are trolling, or you lack the intellect to see the wider picture.)
Yes, thats correct. Because I don't agree with you, I lack intelligence.

I persoanlly wouldn't consider throwing a stone at someone as science. So I suppose our understanding of science differs somewhat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here