Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOD: How much do you believe in him?

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
"Duty" to infringe on the privacy of others, and their rights to be left to their beliefs? Outrageous!

But you're on a PUBLIC messageboard. I'm not infringing on your privacy. I merely posted a link which you've dimissed. I haven't tried to ram anything down your neck. It's a Christians' duty to try to highlight to non-believers the word of god, after that it's in your hands to decide whether to follow or remain the same.

But you're on a PUBLIC messageboard. I'm not infringing on your privacy. I merely posted a link which you've dimissed. I haven't tried to ram anything down your neck. It's a Christians' duty to try to highlight to non-believers the word of god, after that it's in your hands to decide whether to follow or remain the same.

You are Liz Costa and I claim my £20.

Genuine question, did you read that thing that you posted earlier, and do you really believe all of it?

I actually did start reading it, and got about 6 paragraphs in, and it started talking about the Bible being the literal word of God, and those that refute this are not true believers, etc. etc. I'm pretty sure much earlier in the thread someone bought up some of the less publicised acts that are recommended in the Bible (the Old Testament in particular), which are completely wacky. Do you believe that the Bible is the literal word of God, and do you believe that we should all live our lives as the Bible lays out, stonings and all?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Derbygul. People like you hijack religion and miss the point of it entirely. I hope you get enlightenment sometime soon.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

And it's an atheists duty to highlight the irrationalities of religion (with added sneer and pity).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That's just not true. The mathmatical possibilities of life anywhere in the universe is almost zero. We are an exceptional phenomonen.

Hmm, doesn't want to include the quote for some reason. Oh well it was to the alien dude earlier in the thread.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's just not true. The mathmatical possibilities of life anywhere in the universe is almost zero. We are an exceptional phenomonen.

Hmm, doesn't want to include the quote for some reason. Oh well it was to the alien dude earlier in the thread.

The Fermi Paradox.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Genuine question, did you read that thing that you posted earlier, and do you really believe all of it?

I actually did start reading it, and got about 6 paragraphs in, and it started talking about the Bible being the literal word of God, and those that refute this are not true believers, etc. etc. I'm pretty sure much earlier in the thread someone bought up some of the less publicised acts that are recommended in the Bible (the Old Testament in particular), which are completely wacky. Do you believe that the Bible is the literal word of God, and do you believe that we should all live our lives as the Bible lays out, stonings and all?

Of course i don't believe in stoning. I don't believe in inflicting violence. JC didn't have people stoned. The general point i took from that article is that Satan and his works are alive and well in this world and it's upto us to turn away from Satan. Like Mr Burns keeps pointing out that i said 'the kids dying in africa are lucky' and he took it out of context. I meant that if their rulers are happy to inflict suffering and famine and death on them and do Satan's work then those children are better off away from that. I would much rather those children were born into safe surroundings. But Satan is at work there and there isn't much that can be done to stop the Satanists. Any aid workers that go over there and try and do good are at risk of death, what is the answer to that???

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Of course i don't believe in stoning. I don't believe in inflicting violence. JC didn't have people stoned. The general point i took from that article is that Satan and his works are alive and well in this world and it's upto us to turn away from Satan. Like Mr Burns keeps pointing out that i said 'the kids dying in africa are lucky' and he took it out of context. I meant that if their rulers are happy to inflict suffering and famine and death on them and do Satan's work then those children are better off away from that. I would much rather those children were born into safe surroundings. But Satan is at work there and there isn't much that can be done to stop the Satanists. Any aid workers that go over there and try and do good are at risk of death, what is the answer to that???

This is a disgusting post.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

4ac1a1c3e0f903e8ed70359a4bb99466.png

Not according to Drake.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

You are an odd chap eh!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Gotta be WUMming now.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Neither statement is true. We don't really know enough about how common life (of any type, let alone intelligent) is or isn't in the universe to say with any authority.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Neither statement is true. We don't really know enough about how common life (of any type, let alone intelligent) is or isn't in the universe to say with any authority.

It's at times like this I ask myself "What would Jesus do"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here