GOD: How much do you believe in him?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
theories theories theories its all theories religion call it faith science call it evidence......scientists always making things up so their theories fit their evidence j notation for a start make made up numbers if numbers numbers that make their evidence work this and to say people who belive in god are weak minded is just bollocks they ahve the ability t o question whats before them its people who believe the scientistic point of view where they accept everything their told but our interlectuals whom are weak minded or unable to see anything beyond their pay package..............

Bloody hell. That entire post was utter nonsense, but to close it by talking about pay? Do you have any idea how poorly the average scientist is paid?! I assure you it isn't the money!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Bloody hell. That entire post was utter nonsense, but to close it by talking about pay? Do you have any idea how poorly the average scientist is paid?! I assure you it isn't the money!!
Contratulation for managing to understand it!! Fair play!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
theories theories theories its all theories religion call it faith science call it evidence......scientists always making things up so their theories fit their evidence j notation for a start make made up numbers if numbers numbers that make their evidence work this and to say people who belive in god are weak minded is just bollocks they ahve the ability t o question whats before them its people who believe the scientistic point of view where they accept everything their told but our interlectuals whom are weak minded or unable to see anything beyond their pay package..............
Have you taken a pill? I don't think people who believe in god are weak minded. For you to suggest that they all (every single one) have the ability to question what's before them while those who believe in proven science are weak minded is just silly. Many bright men and women have tried and failed to prove Darwin wrong. Modern scientists and mathematicians (many of whose work is more about furthering knowledge than pay-packets) look at theories centuries old and prove (not that you probably understand what that means) them to be correct. Can you find an example of a relavant scientific theory which we believe to be true which is in fact nonsense?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I find it amusing that even those who are spending so much time stating that it's fact that god doesn't (or can't ) exist, yet express a hope that it IS true. The mind boggles!
Someone did, on about page 14, or 17, or 3, or somewhere.
Well, someone on page 14 or 17 or something contradicted themselves, I just thought loads of people must be saying it, give the amusement boao was getting.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

Hmm, this is a bit difficult read with any helpful punctuation. Still, eh?

Scientists conduct experiments and compile evidence to prove their theories. If the experiment works, they say their theory is proven, but it remains a theory, because there is always the chance that another scientist may come up with a different theory about something else, which could cause a dispute with other theories. Thus, scientific knowledge (and the word "science" means "knowledge") is always theoretical.

To follow a religion is to have a faith in that religion's teachings. You may not believe every word of those teachings, but you could have enough faith to follow the religion.

Many scientists also follow a religious faith. They know it compromises their scientific theory, but the point about faith, is you believe IN its value, however unscientific it might be.

There is a modern trend against religious faiths, for many reasons. One, it has not been strongly taught in schools for a generation, leaving a faithless younger population. Two, some frightening things are going on in non-Christian faiths which frighten some people into having a faith at all. It is also seen as "uncool" to have a religious faith, as if such faith is only for idiots or for the weak-minded. It's a kind of snobbery, in that some of those who abhor religious faith or even ideas of what God is, feel superior for doing so. Intellectuals are the kind of people who question things and think about things, and they want answers. They debate things and analyse things, and just about the last things on their minds, are their pay packages.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Still haven't replied to the others users earlier posts though have you. Number one rule of being a regilous freak, if the bible cannot provide you an answer, ignore the question.

You continue to confuse religion with God and God with the Bible. Try thinking outside the box.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Not at all. I use whores for that. I dont worry about sinning to the eye in the sky.

Have you ever considered that Heaven and Hell are not places you go when you die, but that they are right here, right now? You might be living in your own self-created hell, or your own self-created heaven.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Funny you should mention pay and the accumulation of wealth. Doesn't that chap the Pope preside over a pretty rich organisation?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have you ever considered that Heaven and Hell are not places you go when you die, but that they are right here, right now? You might be living in your own self-created hell, or your own self-created heaven.

That probably depends whether your season ticket is at the Amex or at Selhurst Park!

se3eagle

Banned
Aug 30, 2011
That probably depends whether your season ticket is at the Amex or at Selhurst Park!

haha your a funny guy I think if the lord god was looking at you i would say he would be saying tut tut tut as he watches the devil stoke your fire ;)

se3eagle

Banned
Aug 30, 2011
He presides over a Sovereign State.

the spirit exists its not physical or psychological its within when you take and eat this spirit it shows phisicalyand psychologically wasnt that andy warhole fellow on to that id thing he calls it id i call it spirit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports