Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOD: How much do you believe in him?

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Isn't that the point of this thread?
Well firstly, as stated before, I disagree with anyone stating they know for a fact one way or another. Convinced 99.9% maybe, but not know for a fact.

But the thread is about belief in a god, and a lot of the problems people have with religion is the lies that are made up by humans to control others, and science has proved the doubters right on these counts. Some of the believers are pointing out that science does not prove no god exists, and I'm just clarifying what it has proved, and why there can be miscommunication between to two (or more) camps - ie, atheists aren't preached to about 'a' god, they are preached to about a specific god, and science proves those teachings to be flawed.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
That Richard Dawkins is a self-satisfied prick. No one should go down his moronic path of trying to prove something which is unprovable. The preposterousnous of organised religions is not proof of the non-existance of God, just that there are a lot of people that will believe anything they are told as a child ( or adult if living in Hollywood ).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To make the Creationist question to be one of 'God or Darwin' does a pretty major disservice to the complex dimensions within both schools of thought.

??? its not a "creationist" question at all. clearly you have come from a pre-determined point of view. the creationist has made up their mind that it is God that is responsible for all creation, the Darwanist (or evolunist) has decided it is nature based on physics, geology, chemical, biological and (subsequently) evolution that is responsible for all we see around us. do you believe god created man and the world in a week or that we decended from apes over millions of years (after hundred of millions of years of previous effort), or somthing in between?

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
:lol::lol: He's getting shown up by all sides now!! It'll be quiet for a minute or three, until his good book tells him what you say..... [awaiting random bible quote or random smiliey]
He seems to be taking his time, finding other quote out of his book. Someone tell him what to say, he seems lost.

Maybe he's used up his internet allowance for the day, and its "bitty time":rolleyes:

Another interesting quote.

Deaths in the Bible. God - 2,270,365 not including the victims of Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, or the many plagues, famines, fiery serpents, etc because no specific numbers were given. Satan - 10

Now what do i need to do to get into hell. Heaven's f***ing far to risky with that nasty bastard in charge. :D

se3eagle

Banned
Aug 30, 2011
theories theories theories its all theories religion call it faith science call it evidence......scientists always making things up so their theories fit their evidence j notation for a start make made up numbers if numbers numbers that make their evidence work this and to say people who belive in god are weak minded is just bollocks they ahve the ability t o question whats before them its people who believe the scientistic point of view where they accept everything their told but our interlectuals whom are weak minded or unable to see anything beyond their pay package..............

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Probably no one then. Has anyone here said they know for a fact that god doesn't exist, but hope he does?
I don't think so. I may have come closest by saying I'm 99.99999999% sure he doesn't exist, (by definittion you cannot prove something that doesn't exist, doesn't exist), but I would welcome any evidence and jump over to the other side if someone showed me such evidence.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
But you still haven't answered the point. You have said such a vile thing about the 750k they think will die, and you can not accept what you said was evil, or even tired to take it back, or say you were misquoted, which obviosuly you haven't been. And you claim to be a Christain!!! Says it all really.

For whats its worth, I have visited Africa on many occassions, and plan to do so on many more. I also plan to do voluentary work out there next year, and if all goes to plan, in 8 or 9 years time, when I am finiancally sercure, I will spend months out there at a time doing unpaid charaity work , so don't accuse me of looking for a fight. I've already put far more into Africa, that a person like you ever will.

You like quotes, he's another one "Two hands working can do more than a million clasped in prayer"

You claim to have given money to Somalian aid on several occasions even though you have not been working. Amazing out of all the African countries in shit, you have given money to the one I mention. WHAT BULLSHIT! Also what you say suggusts to me you haven't worked for some time. WOW! Big surprise there with your views. You've too much time on your hands, and nothing to fill it with, so you turn to the bible. You're 29. Is mummy and daddy still paying your way in life?

Well, at 29 I would say all being well (and if you haven't got enough confidence in the after life and your god to kill yourself tonight) we'll probably be lying on our death beds around the same time.

Hopefully by then, I'll be able to look back on my life and be proud of the work I've done helping others , and people in Africa will be better for me living. (Even if I can help just one family I'll be happy)

You'll look back on yours, and wonder why the f*** you chased a myth, and all your millions of prayers would have helped no one... except yourself.

People that know me, will say, he did a lot to help others and was a nice bloke.

People will know you will probably say, what a twat. Prayed a lot, but didn't do him any good. And then for both of us, it will fade to black, and we'll sleep without dreams forever.

Although saying that, I would suggest that your life has so little direction and purpose (hence your late need for the bible) that you will probably die of boredom or despression long before I slip of into enternal sleep.

But you keep telling yourself, you're a better person because you pray and follow Jesus teachings!

Wow, I really wish you could have an out of body experience so you could see how up yourself you really are.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
He seems to be taking his time, finding other quote out of his book. Someone tell him what to say, he seems lost.

Maybe he's used up his internet allowance for the day, and its "bitty time":rolleyes:

Another interesting quote.

Deaths in the Bible. God - 2,270,365 not including the victims of Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, or the many plagues, famines, fiery serpents, etc because no specific numbers were given. Satan - 10

Now what do i need to do to get into hell. Heaven's f***ing far to risky with that nasty bastard in charge. :D

Is this how you get off?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
theories theories theories its all theories religion call it faith science call it evidence......scientists always making things up so their theories fit their evidence j notation for a start make made up numbers if numbers numbers that make their evidence work this and to say people who belive in god are weak minded is just bollocks they ahve the ability t o question whats before them its people who believe the scientistic point of view where they accept everything their told but our interlectuals whom are weak minded or unable to see anything beyond their pay package..............

You have really got to learn how to use commas and false stops. You never know, someone might actually read one of your posts then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here