Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOD: How much do you believe in him?

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
But that all sounds like a typical religious slant on things. When something beautiful or wonderful happens it's Gods work, not mans. If something attrocious happens it's mans work not Gods!

How so?

Maybe whatever entity created us (if one did) created us and the system we live within to challenge us.

How can you appreciate happiness if you do not know sadness? How can you have empathy without suffering?

That's why the Chinese concept of Yin and Yang interests me.

As Newton said "To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction".

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
How so?

Maybe whatever entity created us (if one did) created us and the system we live within to challenge us.

How can you appreciate happiness if you do not know sadness? How can you have empathy without suffering?

That's why the Chinese concept of Yin and Yang interests me.

As Newton said "To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction".

I get the impression you are joking with us now?

rockypaul

May 23, 2011
Dam thought this was a thread about GUS POYET (a true god)

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
They may be eyewitness accounts, but they have been passed down, interpreted, and reinterpreted for the best part of 2,000 years.

Given the amount of rewriting of history that takes place on NSC (and many other outlets) within 24 hours of the event first taking place, then it is highly unlikely that the gospel is..................gospel.

Don't forget that they discounted most if not all of the women's eye witness accounts, just to make it that little bit more dogmatic.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
if i recall correctly not one of the gospels is first hand witness, written several decades later and is translated through greek, to latin to modern langauages such as English, with the embelishment of several hundred years interpretation. different denominations, even f***ing different editions have changes. they are as historical as Shakespeare.

with identical stories to the egyptian book of the gods which was written about 1200 years prior to the bible if i recall correctly!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
[yt]CZxycccPZEs[/yt]

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
This mind you explore is something that has evolved from a monkey's brain, then back down to smaller mammal's brain, and eventually from single celled organism 'brain'. Did those single celled beings have minds worth exploring or did god add a little bit of magic at the human stage? what about Neanderthal's did they have the magic?

Single celled organisms dont have brains...

Back to biology 101 for you.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ahhh, not quite my friend. I believe in the process of reason and evidence. If you put some logic and evidence in front of me and it is objectively and testably true then I will believe that. You believe something that was written 2000 years ago (etc etc) and that the whole universe was created for humans (etc etc). You will not change your views based on evidence (or lack of) and are stuck in your dogma - that is absurd.

Its like believing that the world is flat because thats what everyone said at the beginning, even though its now evidently not true, you then choose to bury your head rather than admit you have chosen the wrong path.

You believe the Albion is the best football club in the world don't you?

I know I do...

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I get the impression you're incredibly closed minded.

Closed minded? lets examine the evidence of this

You:
believe in Christian god and will not change this view
don't believe in all other beliefts, such as Hinduism etc etc etc

Me:
don't believe in any beliefts in gods, will happily change this view should evidence present itself (please send me some)

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Don't discuss it if you know you are beaten... looks like you have come to the end of your road... if it gets confusing just believe in your magical god some more, now thats an open mind

What's there to discuss with a mind like yours? You think single celled organisms have brains.

Thats tant amount to being a religious person who believes there's an old guy with a white beard who sits in the clouds.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
What's there to discuss with a mind like yours? You think single celled organisms have brains.

Thats tant amount to being a religious person who believes there's an old guy with a white beard who sits in the clouds.

This has ceased to be a real debate. good luck my friend. Keep believing the magic, it sounds like you need it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here