Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOD: How much do you believe in him?

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
My inner senses told me that we would lose to Sunderland and that we would be, if lucky, mid table about now.

Relying on your inner senses to tell you any kind of 'truth' is, frankly, bollocks.

One day you may require such senses & i advise it would be foolish to not take heed of them,they could save your life..just keep on open mind

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
You can be taught good from bad without having god thrust upon you as a kid, especially as nobody can prove either way if he exists or not, why would you want to brainwash your children in this way ?

Why do you assume that religious teaching is brainwashing? (I'm not religious, btw.)

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
There's a starman waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds. There's a starman waiting in the sky, he's told us not to blow it, cause he knows it's all worthwhile. He told me; 'Let the children lose it'; 'Let the children use it'; 'Let all the children boogie'.

You should acknowledge David Bowie.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm a wife and an NSCer and I think this is a fascinating thread.

Always good when Mr Burns is in the building,like last night.

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
Simple?

Adventist, Anabaptist, Anglican, Baptist, Calvinism, Evangelicalism, Holiness, Independent Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, Old Catholic, Protestant, Pentecostal, Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Eastern Catholic, Oriental Orthodox (Miaphysite), Assyrian, Jehovah's Witness, Latter Day Saint, Unitarian, Christadelphian, Oneness Pentecostal

It's not that simple, is it? There are different denominations of the Christian Religion who have different interpretations of those teachings, or different opinions of how literal those teachings are intended to be. It's the mosaic of of Christian Belief, as Roger Olson calls it. All of them, though, are 'based on the teachings of Jesus'.

Nobody posted this yet???

I was in San Fransisco once, walking along the Golden Gate Bridge, and I saw this guy on the bridge about to jump. So I thought I'd try to stall and detain him, long enough for me to put the film in. I said, "Don't jump!" and he turns...
He said, "Why was I put on this Earth?"

I said, "My friend, anywhere else you wouldn't stand a chance."

He said, "Nobody loves me."

I said, "God loves you, you silly ninny."

He said, "How do you know there's a God?"

I said, "Of course there's a God. Do you think that billions of years ago a bunch of molecules floating around at random could someday have had the sense of humor to make you look like that?"

He said, "I do believe in God."

I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?"

He said, "A Christian."

I said, "Me too. Protestant or Catholic?"

He said, "Protestant."

I said, "Me too! What franchise?"

He says, "Baptist."

I said, "Me too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?"

He says, "Northern Baptist."

I said, "Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He says, "Northern Conservative Baptist."

I say, "Me too! Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist or Northern Conservative Reform Baptist?"

He says, "Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist."

I say, "Me too! Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist Great Lakes Region or Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist Eastern Region?"

He says, "Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist Great Lakes Region."

I say, "Me too! Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879 or Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?"

He says, "Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912."

I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
My inner senses told me that we would lose to Sunderland and that we would be, if lucky, mid table about now.

Relying on your inner senses to tell you any kind of 'truth' is, frankly, bollocks.

No such thing as woman's intuition, then?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Ideally bent over a desk

25627_large.jpg

Christ (maybe inappropriate but hey) why did she never get round my place at easter!!!!!!!!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Easter bunnies found !!!
BHAFC the only true religion and with many god's........

God - Mike Bamber for the period of history.
God - Peter Ward
God - Alan Mullery Ist time
God's Dick Knight / Robbie Rhienelt / Stuart Storer/ and all Brighton Fans
inc Attilla, Samrah,Gulls eye etc etc
God - Gus Poyet
God - Tony Bloom

:clap::clap::clap:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Christ (maybe inappropriate but hey) why did she never get round my place at easter!!!!!!!!

God Almighty,Jesus wept she was round mine instead:lol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well, I hope you made good use of her, did she take your 30 pieces of silver?

She did indeed,however for the purposes of dignity and taste,she appears(in the main picture) without such, neck area lacing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Is he for you the guvnor up in the sky, or is it just a load of old baloney?

The followers of god are f***ing mental Christians of the Church of England following And Catholics used to take it in turns to burn each other at the stake, depending on which Monarch was in control at the time.Muslims are still to this day hanging young women for being raped because they have had sex outside of marriage

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Who would have known the GOD thread could be such fun.......

Ah well-(and in keeping with the thread,my deluded God worshipping ways,not withstanding) i could say as we are made in the image and such like that,the irony is, the Lord does indeed have a sense of humour as well.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That's your belief and that's no problem,i agree with science and love the subject,i also have a very clear grasp of common sense and facts,but as a believer in a, non judgemental supreme creator,i have a very open mind,open to all possibilities and answers.

Messages have been sent and will continue to be sent,in various forms throughout the ages regardless,those that chose to listen will hear them,those that do not will sleep walk through the modern,materialist,Western ways of life.

Blame will continue to be apportioned by man,to God(such a bad wording,still it's that to which the thread is titled) for in the main,man's own reckless actions.

This is the realm of the relative,nothing that happens here on Earth has any indication to what may lie beyond in the realm of the absolute.

Science proves a lot and has given us a greater understanding,but science will only ever continue to give us a mere glimpse of what the whole picture contains.

The big bang? came from nothing we are told,an infinity small particle so dense yet all powerful,but how?

Scientists cannot explain what was before the big bang,what holds the universe,how big the universe is,they predict a big RIP of the universe tearing it's self apart millions of years from now,maybe they are right,maybe i suggest this is just one such big bang of many.

The Earth is 4500 million years old, approximately at half it's life cycle.

Man supposedly has been on this planet for 2 million years,and yet the oldest records are 190,000 years old,most evidence of man is 7,000 years old at most,this is only to be expected as the ground level tends to sink about 1 metre/1000 years.

I say see the wonderment in the whole world,take man out of the equation for 1 brief moment,take away with it,man's some what limited views(yes we went to the moon,medical advances etc) take also the greed,and selfishness too-and truly look at how everything in the Natural(not Normal) world works in absolute perfection,look beyond the Earth too also see how the moon & Jupiter play key parts in our survival,the magnetic field.

All this says to me,yes i am very fortunate to live in the Western world,i like normal things,some abnormal,i am well balanced and believe that all of this is not the result of a freak accident-science has to prove how we are who we are,to feel who i am,to demonstrate our ability to think is an chance event if you like to make me believe otherwise.

Yes in full agreement-i tell my side but if people do not wish to listen,that is fine,who am i to preach,well i may have done a little on here,but its called The NSC "just having my views"

Don't have to go near a church to praise,not religious in any way shape or form,that had it's time on Earth in my book,accept the best of all religions and accept the right for people to believe in what ever they believe,it's called free will,but people should always remember cause and effect.

What science finds to be non-existent,we must accept as non-existent,but what science merely does not find is a completely different matter.

The followers of god are f***ing mental Christians of the Church of England following And Catholics used to take it in turns to burn each other at the stake, depending on which Monarch was in control at the time.Muslims are still to this day hanging young women for being raped because they have had sex outside of marriage

No those perpetrators of such actions are indeed-please read my take on the matter(see above),you will i hope have clarity as to what i view is very much NON RELIGION.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here