Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOD: How much do you believe in him?

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you know that for sure? yes your right,again you follow my drift....may be only 100 others from a billion billion -

Some one once likened trying to find extraterrestrial life as trying to find a new single grain of sand,on any given beach or desert anywhere in the world.
I was simply saying that while there may be life on the planets that orbit the stars we can see, there won't be life on the stars themselves, they're a little too hot.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The concept of a "god" has been around a long time.

the concept of Elfs has been around along time too. and i really dont mean that facetiously, people used to believe in there existance and their semi-divine nature. Or other gods, some of which predate the Abrahamic vision. seems we change our mind and percptions about the supernatureal quite a bit. personally, its not a case of "cant see so cant exist", rather "i see the copious evidence against".

Did you never read the part "god created man in his own image"?

you see yourself in that description?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It very much appears the human brain does carry within it a preprogramed set of instructions to ensure certain things occur to ensure the species continues. Without this we would not know fear or have the desire to protect our offspring.
To simply put such things down as products of "chance" would be no different to someone who puts it down to "a god" hard wiring the brain with these innate instructions.

But Darwinism does have an answer to this. By being a social animal, homo sapiens thrived, by working in teams, tribes flourished, those that were not social or did not work in teams lost out to those that did, in the same way that the grey squirrel has flourished here in the UK compared to the red squirrel. These things took place over many thousands of generations, we live in a world today that is ridiculously impatient, and struggles to come to terms with evolution taking place over an interminably long time.

As for the 'random' nature as to why we exist, consider that there are a billion stars in the galaxy, let us say that they each have 8 planets. The chances of life evolving in an environment in which there is water vapour, oxygen, and an ambient temperature in the region of 0-40c centigrade are very remote on an individual planet basis, but multiply that by 8 billion planets (and remember we are only one of countless galaxies) then we are simply a statistical anomoly, life was likely to evolve somewhere, and it just so happens that it is on our planet, and no double many others too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I suppose that 100 years ago you wouldn't have accepted the possibility of a rocket actually 'flying' people to the moon.
That would depend on how well educated we were. God was easier to believe in before we were educated.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I try to avoid the whole arguing over the subject, it's a subject where nobody is right or wrong and nobody will win the argument except in their own minds.

The irong is both sides are generaly as closed minded as the other.

Perhaps the agnostics are the ones who'll eventually discover "the truth".
You can end the argument everytime by asking a regilious person to prove it.

I'd say to anyone who believes in god, prove it to me, and I'll believe. I would love nothing more, believe me, than to start another life with my parted loved ones, after this life ends. I'm open to be proved that there is a god, and that there is another life after this one, and that I have a "soul". I want to believe it so badly. But I am also a reasoning, intelligent person, that can think for myself, and draw my own conculsions, without input from others. And too date, no one as even come close to making me believe there is a god?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Seriously though-we are all very much alone,even surrounded by others,very alone.............are we making this all up.......what is real?

When we sleep is that the real world?

and this the dream.....hmmmmm........

I'll ask God.........................

Say's take the Red pill & see how deep the rabbit hole goes

se3eagle

Banned
Aug 30, 2011
Stop trying to be clever me you and every fucker on this planet aint got a clue to say you believe in this or that is just a matter of faith whether religious or sientific its just arrogant to say this or that your all pricks

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
the concept of Elfs has been around along time too. and i really dont mean that facetiously, people used to believe in there existance and their semi-divine nature. Or other gods, some of which predate the Abrahamic vision. seems we change our mind and percptions about the supernatureal quite a bit. personally, its not a case of "cant see so cant exist", rather "i see the copious evidence against".

You have no evidence that proves there isn't a god.

What you might have is a human percetion that it doesn't.

Using science to counter things said in the bible is 100% non relevant evidence.

you see yourself in that description?

I see humanity in that description.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Stop trying to be clever me you and every fucker on this planet aint got a clue to say you believe in this or that is just a matter of faith whether religious or sientific its just arrogant to say this or that your all pricks
. ,. ,. ,. ,. ,. ,. ,. ,. ,., . , they all help. In most cases they would

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I would view a soul as something like the wind.

You cannot see it nor physically touch it, you just see the effects of it.
You can end the argument everytime by asking a regilious person to prove it.

I'd say to anyone who believes in god, prove it to me, and I'll believe. I would love nothing more, believe me, than to start another life with my parted loved ones, after this life ends. I'm open to be proved that there is a god, and that there is another life after this one, and that I have a "soul". I want to believe it so badly. But I am also a reasoning, intelligent person, that can think for myself, and draw my own conculsions, without input from others. And too date, no one as even come close to making me believe there is a god?

So. Prove it to me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You have no evidence that proves there isn't a god.

First of all you have to define God though.

Using science to counter things said in the bible is 100% non relevant evidence.

I disagree, the Bible said the world was made in seven days, carbon dating suggests that is not the case. The Bible suggested that the animals went onto the Ark two by two, on the basis of the number of species in existence, the Ark could not be built by man based on the carpentry techniques at the time to accommodate so many creatures.

I see humanity in that description.[/QUOTE]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here