GOD: How much do you believe in him?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Hello Mr Burns i will never try to convert you-however i can see something that you cannot and i worship:lolol:

I see and Believe that's Ashley Barnes:whistle:
If you worship Ashley Barnes, I'd make the most of it while you can. Gus don't rate him I'm afriad (I did snigger when I found that out recently) hence the need for a new striker.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
My bestest anti god quote of all time

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours"

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Indeed but this really is not religious-race-colour or creed-it's the person,their soul,the way they are-i watched a programme recently where a reporter/traveller went to one of the last cannibal tribes on earth existed,he spent a week or so with this clan and it was a truly amazing,humbling experience & that was just watching it-

They were so like us or what you would describe as western people it was untrue-very christian if you like,but at the best examples
you do not have to be a christian to enter the kingdom of heaven. Just live life and show love and compassion to your fellow man. I don't believe you are judged by whether you go to.church or not but more on whether you lived a good and selfless life.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If you worship Ashley Barnes, I'd make the most of it while you can. Gus don't rate him I'm afriad (I did snigger when I found that out recently) hence the need for a new striker.

Any other season than last and Ashley would have been the Darling of the North so to speak-Ashley is very good-but God has deemed Brighton ready to move to a higher plain,and if Ashley departs from the beloved,to which i feel he will not,then that will be in our best interests-win/win...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Is the only correct answer.
But then you could say, nobody knows if there are a million virgins waiting to pleasure you when you die, if you blow yourself up for the cause?

You use your intelligence and try and work out for yourself whats the more likely. And if you think about it without blinkers on, there can not possibly be a god, anywhere other than inside your head. If people want to live to the bilble bullshit, fair play, but I think its quite cruel to kid themseleves and other theres something else when you die.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Be very good if we had rep back now-i would be seriously in the red,but red it would be-the comment's under CP USER would make fantastic reading.:lolol:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
OK another £10 says there is, which means you will owe me £20
I am living my life, I support Brighton and life dont get much better :)
Prove he exisits, you you have all my wordly belongings.

If the Bible is mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust it to tell us where we're going?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
But then you could say, nobody knows if there are a million virgins waiting to pleasure you when you die, if you blow yourself up for the cause?

You use your intelligence and try and work out for yourself whats the more likely. And if you think about it without blinkers on, there can not possibly be a god, anywhere other than inside your head. If people want to live to the bilble bullshit, fair play, but I think its quite cruel to kid themseleves and other theres something else when you die.

I like your first point in this post...a million....as if! But if you DO think without blinkers on, then surely you can accept the possibility of a 'God' - in whatever form it takes?

As I said earlier, no-one has ever convinced me one way or the other - doesn't mean I rule either premise out.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Most of the selfishness and violence comes from people acting in the name of religion though.

That's a common misconception thrown about with no basis in fact.

Most human suffering and war comes from human greed.

Look back through history and the biggest losses of human life had little to do with religion.

Communism is responsible for the greatest losses of life in human history. A political theory devoid of any religious influence.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ok, how many on here have read the bible from cover to cover? I feel that until you have then you are not in a position to reject god, our indeed fully understand the implications of what rejecting god means for you.

this is an odd position. i know enough of the bible that i cant comprehend how anyone can read, absorb and understand the book without questioning the very foundations of the religion. its clearly two different ideologies, part I is all fear and tyranny, then part II is all about loving your neighbour, something definatly *not* exhibted towards the non-believers in the old testiment. the teachings of Jesus are pretty good way to lead your life, on their own might have more credibility (a bit like Buddism, which is technically not a religion, rather a philisophy), but let down badly by the baggage that came before and the institutionalisation that came after him.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I like your first point in this post...a million....as if! But if you DO think without blinkers on, then surely you can accept the possibility of a 'God' - in whatever form it takes?

As I said earlier, no-one has ever convinced me one way or the other - doesn't mean I rule either premise out.
I can accept there is no more possibility of a god, than I can accept the possilbilty one day flying to the moon by flapping my arms very fast.

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you."

se3eagle

Banned
Aug 30, 2011
only a thread like this could have been produced by a homosexual....am i so bad oh pease tell me im not so bad oh there must be no god right thats it theres no god now dean now gods f***ed off f*** me up the bum precious ...f***ing do one the lot of ya anyway the answer is no one knows f*** heads

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was raised a Catholic, went to Sunday school, church most weeks until I was in my 20's, but when my old man, who was in remission from cancer, was killed by the cat, I realised that it was all a joke, saw through the disguise, and since then have not set foot in a church (apart from the old man's funeral).

If you read the Old Testament you see that God was a particularly spiteful and vengeful bloke anyway, and certainly not worthy of worship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports