GOD: How much do you believe in him?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Who needs to worship god ?
For me its just a case of doing what you think is right at any given time. If I need to talk to God I can do it anywhere any time.
Its religion that tells you you must worship God and abide by rules.

I'd exchange the word GOD for LIFE if it made it easier.yes any place and any time-

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't believe in God at all. But, of course, he exists, just like Santa Claus.

Amen.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Impossible to stop, When I talk to God it is done in my mind.
However I take your point regarding it being a religious practice, and I suppose it is.

God talks to all through imagination,a film,a tv programme,a song on the radio,messages all around on road signs,everywhere,birds,nature,people,every single thing that exists.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
God can F&ck off she is a whore and i know i will not be punished,why should i,with free will-i may come back next term,or move on,i have much to achieve and notg to live for,we are all dead,so make the mhinost of it-i love life but if ends tomorrow so be it,it's not the end-i prefer to exchange the word GOD with LIFE....

Edit- Gold wishes to merely emphasize the fact that Go4d is not judgemental,answers throughout the ages,to those that listen,that he will answer before you have asked-bears no responsibility for earthquakes,starvation or any other natural/man made affairs-KARMA-be good and good will return,have faith and treat others as you wish to be treated-always keep an open mind and act with humility and compassion-treat materialistic goods as a,extra,not a need,need nothing in fact and above all else-stand you ground,however,if your time is up,then go without fear.
All those things which you just stated are in fact christian virtues.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I'll go toe to toe with any one on regilion, any time and day, and will never lose.

Never believed never will.

God is no different to Father Christmas, except kids work out Santas not real by the age of 9.

God is a ****. End of. What a great place this world would be if it wasn't for that ****.

And I'm not just anti the christian god. I hate em all. Budda, Jebus, Muhammd, the elephant one, all of em. All a cheap tool, to control weak minded people. I'm sorry if you can beleive something that you can never see to the extent that you worship it, then your weak minded. End of.

Thereth ends todays lesson

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'll go toe to toe with any one on regilion, any time and day, and will never lose.

God is no different to Father Christmas, except kids work out Santas not real by the age of 9.

God is a ****. End of. What a great place this world would be if it wasn't for that ****.

And I'm not just anti the christian god. I hate em all. Budda, Jebus, Muhammd, the elephant one, all of em. All a cheap tool, to control weak minded people. I'm sorry if you can beleive something that you can never see to the extent that you worship it, then your weak minded. End of.

What are you trying to say??

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
All those things which you just stated are in fact christian virtues.

Indeed but this really is not religious-race-colour or creed-it's the person,their soul,the way they are-i watched a programme recently where a reporter/traveller went to one of the last cannibal tribes on earth existed,he spent a week or so with this clan and it was a truly amazing,humbling experience & that was just watching it-

They were so like us or what you would describe as western people it was untrue-very christian if you like,but at the best examples

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Sometimes I forget that anyone actually believes in this tripe. When I meet someone religious now I have to try really hard not to laugh at them, try and humour them and all that. Its actually very funny!

Haha

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton

WOW
I will have a £10 bet with you God exists, you can pay me in the afterlife. :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...and here we go again...everyone who believes in God is somehow an uneducated fool :nono:

well no that wouldnt be fair. lets specify the point more, everyone who believes in creationism or intellegent design is an uneducated fool. the evidence and observations are there for all to see that the world is more than 6000 years old and there is plenty to refute any idea of design.

Okay, so to sum it up...for me, the amazing detail and precision in area of creation indicates to me that there is a creator who made it all

what about all the problems and flaws? the human larynx is a bit of a quardry, would you design the air and food pathways so that you can choke? i mean really would you *design* that? then theres the whole sewage works in the fun park joke, light hearted but does point to a very serious design flaw, especially in women that can lead to infections and disease.

ah yes, disease. smallpox or Bubonic plague, are nice designs, very effective. the cold and influenza are quite good designs too, and apparently new strains are designed all the time to keep our immune system from being able to deal with them. thats another interesting design, the immune system, where often the reaction to infection is more dangerous (fatally somtimes) than the infection itself.

and if a creator did/does do all this, why so much malice from her/him? which brings us on the simplest philisophical proof against:

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?” - Epicurus ~300BC.

I cannot *prove* gods do not, can not or have not existed, anymore than I can prove unicorns do not exist. but i can prove that the Christian ideal of a all powerfull, all knowing and benevolent god cannot exist, simply by the evidence of all the pain and suffering that is as abundant and detailed and as the beauty of life is. take away one of those pillars and you are left with a very poor god figure, no better than a man.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Hello Mr Burns i will never try to convert you-however i can see something that you cannot and i worship:lolol:
Not really, god instructed man.

I see and Believe that's Ashley Barnes:whistle:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Ok, how many on here have read the bible from cover to cover? I feel that until you have then you are not in a position to reject god, our indeed fully understand the implications of what rejecting god means for you.

I haven't, neither have I rejected or accepted the existence of God. Then again, I've never read a Haynes manual, but I pretty much know how my car works.

Go figure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports