Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOD: How much do you believe in him?

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
While this is true, it's hardly proof that no type of god exists at all. Saying you know for a fact that he does/does not exist is like a footballer saying they're going to give 110%.

ah ha ha - but they do,honest..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
They'd be bloody hot towns

well you get my drift-like going up the M1 at night lights everywhere,seem distant others closer,poles apart from the perspective of the motorway,almost do not exist,much like a ant has no real concept of our existence,yet some will contain towns.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I am agnostic. God probably does not exist but we cannot be certain as nobody knows with 100% certainty what happens when we die, hence my agnostic belief. I am 99% certain however, that god does not exist and i will turn to dust when i die. People are inherently stupid and thus are succeptible to a damned good brain wash. Education is the key. Educate everyone well and religion will fade.

...and here we go again...everyone who believes in God is somehow an uneducated fool :nono:

Education spoken of as if it's a collection on unquestionable facts, that when learnt will somehow lead to enlightenment to all who partake of it. How odd.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Do you realize that you sneeze at 120 miles per hour? Did you also know that every time you sneeze, you have been programmed to close your eyes? Where does your hair grow from? How can the thin layers of skin on your head send out a special hair? .......

How on earth do you get from 'the world is f**king amazing' to ....therefore there must be a God. Nonsense.

Are you also crediting God for the fact that we're f**king brilliant?

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can I ask all those who do believe in god, what, when and how did you start believing ?

Not sure I can answer that as specifically as the question suggests. I have long been part of the church, I find it a comfort during the tough times and an inspiration to be less self centred during the good times than I might tend to be otherwise. There is a spiritual overlay to this and this is what is central to my faith. Others will have a much stronger belief than me, others less so I guess.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Not sure I can answer that as specifically as the question suggests. I have long been part of the church, I find it a comfort during the tough times and an inspiration to be less self centred during the good times than I might tend to be otherwise. There is a spiritual overlay to this and this is what is central to my faith. Others will have a much stronger belief than me, others less so I guess.

Was there any one single event in your life that made you turn to god ?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

sums it up pretty well really

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone noticed how belief in God is most prevalent among the poor and the poorly educated?

Yes, probably because the materially wealthy who don't have to even think about where their next meal is coming from often develop this strange kind of arrogance.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can I ask all those who do believe in god, what, when and how did you start believing ?

What-no real event although a death of a family member close to me drew things into perspective.
When-i have always been subject to belief,through education,hardship and experience.
How-through pausing to stop every once in a while & see the beauty in it all-good and bad.
S-stop
T-think
O-organise
P-prepare

Again no real proof,no real answer,almost certainly will not help you find God,but never give up listening,maybe an event will shake your world,maybe something will trigger a belief,maybe not,does it matter,well of course not,life will and must go on regardless.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
And good might be a she, wich makes you wonder, it was probably a man that invented god...

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Man created Religion.

Does that mean God does not exist? For the record I put 50:50.

Nobody knows.

No one will ever know whether God exists, because it cannot be proved or disproved by science, because if God exists, it is not of the physical world. But perhaps that is the key. That the entire physical world, you, me, the planets, horses, goats and Gus, are all part of God. Religion, on the other hand, was, as you say, created by man, because he did not understand the physical world or how the seasons worked, or the nature of thunder and lightening and other such phenomena. As Samej said, Religion has been a very useful tool for social control over the centuries. It has held societies together. We could ask if that's not a good thing in this more enlightened, but selfish and violent age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here