Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Go Left Go Left

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Didn't like it at first but once you get the jist of it its a very catchy song, much better than that shitty north stand song, the bloke who I heard starting it stands directly to the left of me, goodness me he's loud but its good to have someone else starting songs as let's be honest must of us don't have to guts

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Can confirm 76/77 chant of the season... absolutely loved doing this.... and as far as I remember it was 'step'.

Im Not A JCL

Aug 29, 2011
BN15
will someone start this in West Stand Upper Block B im sure it would go, because alot of songs we start ie:Gus Poyet's Blue & White Army.......all go and its a personal favourite of mine.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
go left go left, go left right left, go left go right go pick up the sticks go left go right go left. everywhere we go, people wanna know, who we are, so we tell them, we are the famous, the famous brighton ove Albion, so f*** off palace, or you will die, you will die you will die you will die....

unless I'm very much mistaken.

That's the Crispies version that I remember from the North Stand anyway.

Maybe it originated some time earlier though as people are talking 76/77 which was before my time, and Crispies brought it back slightly differently in the late 80's and early 90s.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
That's the Crispies version that I remember from the North Stand anyway.

Maybe it originated some time earlier though as people are talking 76/77 which was before my time, and Crispies brought it back slightly differently in the late 80's and early 90s.

Well he should have listened to the big boys. It should be STEP, and there is no "ove Albion" either.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
We used to sing this back in the early 80's at the Goldstone along with Father Abraham had seven sons and Knees Up Brighton Town !!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are chants not allowed to develop over time then? Didn't realise that.

There are bound to be variants when the original is from 35 years ago. I can vaguely remember the "onion men" verse now it has been mentioned but if asked to write down the words yesterday I would have left it out as it would have been an addition after learning the original ORIGINAL off by heart.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
i think we should all get this going at Burnley this weekend!!!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I didn't hear the go left go left bit Saturday and I was in the North Stand, but I heard the 'everywhere we go' bit which was quite loud.

Yoda

English & European
Can't believe no ones mentioned the lines added for the fight for the Goldstone.

Bill Archer has got some front (? I think it was front at least ?)
Bellotti's just a f***ing C##T!!

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
Back in my youth, was going to Hull away by train (I think it was still the Seagull Special then but wouldn't swear to it) we were trying to make up all sorts of verses to this to see if we could get people singing anything. We came up with some pretty stupid efforts but can remember penning "We all wear white and blue, we are the barmy Brighton crew" Is the one and only time I have led the singing at the football!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Wasn't it in a film (probably a Vietnam one) when it first appeared on the terraces in the 70s?

We used to sing it in the South Stand too, you know!

And it was always "pick up your step" :thumbsup:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Get it going at Burnley and Watford, always works better at away games. It's nice to get a good new song, or should I say a returning song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here