Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Go Left Go Left

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
It's a marching song, I believe 'pick up the step' is correct.
We also used to sing. We've just had a gift from heaven, Eric Potts at no.7.
As well as Brighton boys in white and blue, stab the palace 2 by 2. Then finish with the Notters bit

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
go left go left, go left right left, go left go right go pick up the sticks go left go right go left. everywhere we go, people wanna know, who we are, so we tell them, we are the famous, the famous brighton ove Albion, so f*** off palace, or you will die, you will die you will die you will die....

unless I'm very much mistaken.

When do we sing, "Sussex by the sea, the sea, the sea" :shrug:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Oh and that was the other question - how long's it been going?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
:lolol: that takes me back to piss smelling bogs, cig smoke and surging... Ahhh the good ole days :bowdown:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I did notice you getting fairly pissed off with the Palace song on Saturday! I believe your words were "stop singing that fu$£ing Palace S##t" :lolol:

The Judge is leading this song very well and more and more people are joining in each time!!

Sorry :lolol:

Just f***ing winds me up.

Palace pinched it and for some reason it's found it's way to us. Hate it.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
go left go left, go left right left, go left go right go pick up the sticks go left go right go left. everywhere we go, people wanna know, who we are, so we tell them, we are the famous, the famous brighton ove Albion, so f*** off palace, or you will die, you will die you will die you will die....

unless I'm very much mistaken.

Pretty much how I recall it from the mid 80s, albeit with no 'ove albion' or the Peter Ward and Muppet show bits.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Don't think I ever heard this at Withdean... is it like a call/reply type thing? I remember doing that "everywhere we go, people wanna know..." in the scouts!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Sounds great when enough sing it.(Go left, go left)

We are the North stand song NEEDS to be dropped, its clearly never going to be accepted.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh and that was the other question - how long's it been going?

I remember singing it after the Chesterfield away game. (1 - 1 draw). It was our last game of the season in the old third division and we we had been promoted under Mullery.

Our three coaches stopped off at a pub called The Propellor in the Purley way area on the way back. We sang it loudly in one of the bars. Chap called Dave Reeves was the lead singer. It was, as mentioned before, a marching song. We used to sing it as we walked up to away grounds.

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
I agree! I have the misfortune of sitting just along from the nsk people that seem obsessed with getting the palace song to catch on. I find it cringe worthy everytime! Love the left right left song tho, very catchy and sounded good on the extended highlights! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here