Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GMail

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Also, GMails "conversations" system is great for stuff like the 70 response thread on a mailing list I had last week - that would be 70 entries (Three and a half pages in normal 20 a page view) in Hotmail. Its one thread in GMail

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Gwylan said:
Yeah, but I'd used up 58% of my available space the other day just because I hadn't checked the account for three weeks. With the amount of spam that Hotmail gets 250MB is nothing.

You're telling me you have over 125Mb of spam? Riiiiiight.

Do you have a Junk Mail folder!?!?

I've had 1 (one) spam in my inbox in the past month - straight up.

hotmail.jpg

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
No, I'd guess (s)he has a 2MB account still, like the most of us

Another "And.." is that GMail has massive geek appeal on Opensource projects - look at Firefox, or something like HNN (BeOS news site), and you'll see every one of the coders/admins/etc using a GMail addy.

I'm a HNN admin, wahey

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
MYOB said:
GMail has massive geek appeal on Opensource projects - look at Firefox, or something like HNN (BeOS news site), and you'll see every one of the coders/admins/etc using a GMail addy.

Well that's swung it for me! :jester:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
if I could upload (I can't, damn firewall/proxy/monitoring nanny state employer paranoia tool), I'd get you a screenshot of my 2MB account bar.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The GMail invitation I bought on Ebay for £2 arrived and I am the proud owner of a new GMail account.

Didn't go for marvellousscenes@gmail.com in the end :wave:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I've a gmail account and have 3 invites.
I'm willing to give them away free to NSC users.

Maybe I need to think of a competition or something?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
n1 gull said:
I've a gmail account and have 3 invites.
I'm willing to give them away free to NSC users.

Maybe I need to think of a competition or something?

shirley they should go to the first to reply with "me please".

Me Please

:jester:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wozza said:
You're telling me you have over 125Mb of spam? Riiiiiight.

Do you have a Junk Mail folder!?!?

I've had 1 (one) spam in my inbox in the past month - straight up.

A junk mail folder doesn't affect the amount of space that you have available...and the junkmail folder is pretty useless, I have to fish loads of genuine mail out of it.

I don't know how you managed one spam mail a month, I get about three or four day in my inbox and think that's good.

BTW, I have one Gmail invite. First person to PM with their email address can have it.

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If there's free ones on offer I'll have one if not I think I'll pay the quid or so for one off ebay.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
tinx, if you send me a personal mail with your email address i'll send you an invite.

They are all gone now

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Gwylan said:
A junk mail folder doesn't affect the amount of space that you have available...and the junkmail folder is pretty useless, I have to fish loads of genuine mail out of it.

Yes, I know - the point is, if spam is going into the junk folder it shouldn't bother you.

I take it your account size hasn't been upgraded to 250Mb? Perhaps you should ask Mr Gates nicely?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Cheers to n1gull.

I now have a brand spanking Gmail account.

Its pretty decent and fast as well.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I have 2 Gmail invitiations for two lucky NSC readers.

You must be able to offer me something in return though.

You can't offer money though. Something of little or no value. I will choose the winners tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
i've had a gmail account for a couple of months now and love it. typical google product; clean, fast, good search, handy features and algorithmic based advertising. marvellous stuff, the conversation feature is cool and so is the ability to tag emails instead of moving them into folders, it means you can basically file emails in as many folders as you like, cool!

shouldn't be long before they are properly available, just wait, it'll all be free, they are also saying people that buy email accounts, if found, will have them turned off! it may be difficult for them to identify but they have some clever guys in the googleplex and hate anyone making money out of their products without them knowing!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
They just give them to you, on a sliding scale depending on how close to source you are, going (IIRC), 10-5-3-2-1.

But there hasn't been a round issued since mid-July.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here