Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glow sticks at Watford (lighting up the away end)

i heard that Albion are going to light up the away end at Watford using blue and white glow sticks, i shall be at this game and was wondering weather it was stil happening or if its been canceled due to health and safety reasons if it has been canceled could there been an alternative i:e coloured pappers, flags or any other suggestion people can think of ? :bhasign:

BrightonBiatch

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm afraid we got a NO from Watford regarding glow sticks said apparently it is because of our history with Flares !! so lets not disappoint flares it is :) When the Argus tried to contact Watford for a comment to add to the story in yesterdays paper, Amazingly No one was available to talk about it !!!!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I'm afraid we got a NO from Watford regarding glow sticks said apparently it is because of our history with Flares !! so lets not disappoint flares it is :) When the Argus tried to contact Watford for a comment to add to the story in yesterdays paper, Amazingly No one was available to talk about it !!!!

Why is wearing flares such a problem

BrightonBiatch

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well they didn't comment on which Flares they did mean,Trousers or (decoy) flare!! So feel free to wear yours pottert, But i want to know what they ment by ''History and flares '' Bit funny how they wouldn't or Couldn't more like give us an full explanation and when this happened !!

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
Well they didn't comment on which Flares they did mean,Trousers or (decoy) flare!! So feel free to wear yours pottert, But i want to know what they ment by ''History and flares '' Bit funny how they wouldn't or Couldn't more like give us an full explanation and when this happened !!

They're obviously too scared to succumb to new and innovative ideas to make such a shithole a nicer brighter place to be. Otherwise it'd be ruining their masterplan that during evening matches they turn off all the lights to pretend the away fans haven't turned up.

just read the may thread, seems its pretty split on what people want to do, plus watford said no anyway, but im all up the flares idea, 1000 flares it is :L or failing that just keep everyone singing for 90 minutes

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Seeing as most people have a smart phone these days, wouldn't it be easier to download a torch app, most you can simply adjust the colour of the screen?!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Seeing as most people have a smart phone these days, wouldn't it be easier to download a torch app, most you can simply adjust the colour of the screen?!

Fine at the start of the game, until the battery dies.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
yeah it would, but to many people are against it, as it would make us look "gay" (not like we have a reputation for it anyway) as far as i see i think its a bit of fun, id do it if everyone did it believe me when i say ive seen worse things at a football match

What have you seen at a footy match that's worse than a bunch of people holding glowstick!!!!!! Now i think the Hartlepool umpa loompers looked great! At least i think it was them on the underground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here