Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Gloucestershire Guppies v Sussex Sharks, T 20 Bristol County Ground,KO 14.30 4.4.19***

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Did I hear the commentator boo us when Rawlins hit the 4 to make the scores level?

Yes. Some of the Sussex commentary can be ropey but this guy......

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Yes. Some of the Sussex commentary can be ropey but this guy......

I have to say I quite enjoyed the partisan commentary. It was off the back of the penalty run situation which their commentator hugely disagreed with although it seems there's no requirement for the umpires to warn the fielding side through the game.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I have to say I quite enjoyed the partisan commentary. It was off the back of the penalty run situation which their commentator hugely disagreed with although it seems there's no requirement for the umpires to warn the fielding side through the game.

I'm not sure he disagreed with the ruling but he was incandescent that the umpires hadn't sidled up to the Glos captain and said "psst, watch out, you're running out of time". The entire problem from his point of view was that his team hadn't been warned. Then his mate burbled on about the absolutely massive digital clock which was obvious to everyone which rather undermined the point he was making. So he ignored that and went back to slagging off the umps. Definitely a Palace fan and I wouldn't be surprised if he posts on here.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

the “yes yes yes” when they got a wicket was pitiful.
The commentator was an ill-informed, unobservant idiot.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Apparently it was Gunner Gould who awarded the penalty runs...

Always liked him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can somebody explain why we got penalty runs? The BBC website is very excited about all sorts of crickety things, but can't be arsed to explain this, as far as I can see.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Can somebody explain why we got penalty runs? The BBC website is very excited about all sorts of crickety things, but can't be arsed to explain this, as far as I can see.

Each team has a given amount of time to bowl their overs, if you take longer you are punished 6 runs for each over (I think) you fail to bowl in allowed time.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Interesting rule , i'm surmising they have a timekeeper chappy who stops the watch every time Rawlings adjusts his wicket or the much hated Rankins breaks his bat ?

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
Very disappointed in The Argus. Went there to look for a different angle on the 6 run penalty issue. The report in The Argus is word for word the same as in The Western Daily Press and on CricInfo, although attributed too different journos. Very poor. What has happened to journalism ?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Very disappointed in The Argus. Went there to look for a different angle on the 6 run penalty issue. The report in The Argus is word for word the same as in The Western Daily Press and on CricInfo, although attributed too different journos. Very poor. What has happened to journalism ?

Long gone. I am sure now Naylor is free of the local press he could tell you about the demise of local sports journalism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here