Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Didn't we have a youngster called Tilley? Must be inspiring to see all these seasoned players walking around.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I know that I'm probably in the minority here, but he wouldn't get any more goals than Hemed and he would cost at least double in salary. Let's move on boys.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Has he not still got 2 years on his contract at Bmouth? I know hes on a free but i bet he would want decent money

Possibly, I'd hate to see us spend loads to bring him in. Think he'd be alright as backup but think we should maybe be spending wages on players that will benefit the starting eleven. I'd give Hemed the start over Murray all day long. Play him up top with Hemed (Over Baldock) definitely, but if he's our big signing this summer I think it would be a little underwhelming. There's better out there for sure, I hoping we sign another unknown like an Ulloa or Hemed kind of signing. Failing that if Mr Bloom is feeling flush, how about someone like Andre Gray, good Championship striker, am sure Burnley aren't naive enough to think he's good enough for the prem.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Murray covers what we need up front some one who can hold the ball up and lay it off. Just need a striker like this a little younger would be an advantage

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I know that I'm probably in the minority here, but he wouldn't get any more goals than Hemed and he would cost at least double in salary. Let's move on boys.

And unlike CMS and Baldock the transfer fee would be £NIL. Unlike some of these Prem wasters he seems to give his all. He has to be worthy of consideration.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yeah, sorry, I meant the bit about him signing for us, I know he's bought the place there. My reply wasn't meant to sound like a dig.
I'm hoping Glenn gets a contract sorted out sooner rather than later, whether it be for us or not, as I figure he's likely to be one of the most talked about transfers on here this summer. If Eddie Howe hadn't been such a little poison dwarf he may have already been here.

And of course if he had of signed for us in January we would have finished on more than 89 points, and we all know what that would have meant.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And unlike CMS and Baldock the transfer fee would be £NIL. Unlike some of these Prem wasters he seems to give his all. He has to be worthy of consideration.

I agree. He could be our Bobby Zee for next season. As you say there would be no transfer fee involved, just his wages to cover.

Admittedly he doesn't have too much longer left at the top, so give him a one year deal. It has to be worth a shot.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's not like you've come on here making out you're 'in the know' like some do when they receive information - whether it's true or not. I always pass on what I hear - 70% of the time it never comes off I'd say - doesn't always mean the info was duff either. Occasionally, I hear something that turns out to be true.

Oh, on that note, we're in for Jake Livermore apparently. Wants to move back down south. Obviously nothing done as they're probably going up & probably won't happen but you never know. Friend of a friend told me so not a clue if true but apparently they've been good with info before. May as well write it here juuuuust in case...

I hope ou are correct as I believe Jake Livermore would bve great success as our attacking midfielder espcially if we lose Stephens. Also I can see Murray as the ideal replacment for BZ. Just imagine how many times Skalak will put the ball on his head.and how many set piece crosses against us he will head away.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good lord somebody talking sense!

The importamt thing is he would get as many as Hemed which is what we need 2 strikers to approach the 20 mark each H e would be ideal to start either GM or Hemed and when they blow thmselves out on 55 -60 mins change them over as we did with BZ. early season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would take him on a season loan, but I reckon its too risky to commit to his wages for 3 years.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Take this how you want but I am just passing on something I heard today.
So I went to look at a job today in Withdean Road(they are building 3 new builds up there) Speaking to the site manager about the spec on some flooring and he said one of the plots have been sold to Glenn Murray, He then said he was pretty sure he is signing for Brighton. I know Glenn lives locally still so wont believe it till he signs but he seems pretty sure.

So, as Murray bought it a while back, you're basically passing on the opinion of a site manager.

Really not worth a new thread. But, in fairness, they'll be worse to come in the next three months.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
So, as Murray bought it a while back, you're basically passing on the opinion of a site manager.

Really not worth a new thread. But, in fairness, they'll be worse to come in the next three months.

Is that not where most stories come from? The site manager seemed to think he was signing for sure. Some people just love a moan up on here it seems

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here