Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry if this has been covered - why is he training alone rather than with the Watford squad?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Sorry if this has been covered - why is he training alone rather than with the Watford squad?

I think it's as simple as him not being part of the first team squad. If he's not in their plans going forward and they expect/want him to leave this month, why would they get him involved? They got him in with the idea that at least one of Deeney, Gray or Sarr would be off. They couldn't shift any of them. Really quite sad for Glenn and hope he gets another move before Monday night.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe he's not even required to be up there?

Pretty much this. As l understand it Watford have agreed to a loan deal for the rest of the season, but have now decided that he is surplus to requirements and want him to return to the Albion, unfortunately as Watford are subsidising his salary, we don't want him back.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
On punditry duties for 5 Live tonight for those that like to be lulled by Glenn's silky Cumbrian bon mots.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have been seduced..... almost forgotten the amount of times he got booked or sent off for spiteful niggly tackles or kicking out at opposition players.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
With the amount of chances created today even a 60year old Murray would have had a hat trick

Totally agree. 10 to go they bring on Mitrovich, can hold it up and always a chance with a direct long ball to win a header.

Exactly what Murray could offer.

Why bother this season with keepin Zeqiri who looks way off being PL ready, send him on loan and stick Muzza on the bench.

Sleepwalking into the championship with a manager who is out of his depth.

Jimmy Grimble

Just get him back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Glenn is a legend but his Prem days are behind him. My hope is that he finishes his days helping Hughton at Forest.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just get him back.

We had 5 big chances today. Probably the same number of chances being created by Hughton’s team in the half a dozen games at the end of his reign. Murray just needs to stand in and around the box like Mitro did for 10mins in every match and he’ll most likely get a good chance. He’d probably bury it too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here