Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray signs until June 2019

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Exactly, so buy him now and we have one less problem if it comes to it.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

No but i go to bed banging my head against the wall with posters like you

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If we failed to go up we would have a much bigger problem than just Murray.

True enough. The team would need to be rebuilt, and it could mean a season or two of mid table obscurity before we find our feet again. Plus of course we could be looked upon as serial bottlers by the rest of the football world.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
True enough. The team would need to be rebuilt, and it could mean a season or two of mid table obscurity before we find our feet again. Plus of course we could be looked upon as serial bottlers by the rest of the football world.

It would be goodbye Dunk,Stephens,Knocky and god knows who else. We have to go up this season or we are screwed.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
For a bit of perspective, Sky Sports are also reporting that Fulham are trying to persuade the (terrible) Chris Martin to join on a permanent deal either now or in the summer for a fee of 9 MILLION POUNDS

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thought Martin signed a new deal with Derby ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For a bit of perspective, Sky Sports are also reporting that Fulham are trying to persuade the (terrible) Chris Martin to join on a permanent deal either now or in the summer for a fee of 9 MILLION POUNDS

Who would I want GM at 33 years old for £3m or Chris Martin at 29 years old for £9m without a doubt it would be Glenn.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
The main thing is come April he won't be worrying about where he's going to be playing next season so he can concentrate on WINNING THE ****ING LEAGUE.

But now he isn't playing for a contract so could do an Adebayor and completely give up!

OH NOES!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Murray for 3m, or Martin for 9m, who would you prefer?

I already know the answer.

Pump3ster

Dec 15, 2014
I think the idea of signing Murray permanently makes sense but three million sounds like typical Sky Sports inflation (See the aforementioned Martin to Fulham speculation). I would prefer to spend that, substantial for us, fee on a striker who can prove a threat to Hemed or Baldock as back up or partner, with Murray as number one striker, (Akpom if brought in would be backup to all of them and an option out wide). Johnny Russell being a good option for that role.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
18 months with a one year enforceable option ( like we had with Vicente) should do nicely.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
there is no way we will be paying £3m upfront. Bournemouth paid that two years ago. That 3m will be dependent on all sorts of things - promotion, goals scored, penalties conceded, etc

I thought Bournemouth paid £4M, but could be wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here