Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray in talks with Norwich City......

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You've more than edged it head to head over the last three games, and your team deserves to be above ours, so edges that too. However, our second 11 is ridiculously capable, and I think it's difficult to argue that they couldn't hold their own in this division. I post that fact, the Palace idiots laugh without realising who those players are. Our second 11 is about as strong as our starting 11 that finished 10th last year (obviously this takes into account our new signing and Vicente returning from injury).

Ok trig .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Yes is the simple answer. You seem very interested in one of our strikers who can't even get into our squad, which would bear that out.

I think just because Gus doesn't rate a striker , doesn't make him a bad player FFS !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think just because Gus doesn't rate a striker , doesn't make him a bad player FFS !

Read back through the thread, this was a response to whether we have a stronger squad than you. I was just flagging up that you want a player who can't get into our squad, he's a good player, but we have quite a few that appear to fit in better. I maintain we have far more strength in depth than you, season's end will prove whether that is true or not I guess.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Read back through the thread, this was a response to whether we have a stronger squad than you. I was just flagging up that you want a player who can't get into our squad, he's a good player, but we have quite a few that appear to fit in better. I maintain we have far more strength in depth than you, season's end will prove whether that is true or not I guess.

Certain players don't gel for certain clubs for whatever reasons . We took bollasie from Bristol when he couldn't get near their first team and he has been excellent .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Some players fit in at a club,some don't.
Dobbie's proven at this level, Holloway's signed him twice before,so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for him again.
Congratulations, you have a stronger squad than us .

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
You Palace twats are really f***ing stupid. Birdcutt the only player to get in your team? f*** off you inbred moron...

Ah bez, now now now, personal insults are the first refuge of the insecure. I know it must be tough being more rubbish than your rivals forever, but thats the way it is and always has been. Time to come to terms with it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ah bez, now now now, personal insults are the first refuge of the insecure. I know it must be tough being more rubbish than your rivals forever, but thats the way it is and always has been. Time to come to terms with it.

Unless you look at the head to head results, which I admit I haven't looked at recently, but we were well in front.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
You literally have no idea do you. Example:

First team:
Kuszczak
Bruno
El Abd
Greer
Bridge
Bridcutt
Buckley
Hammond
Vicente
Orlandi
Ulloa

Second team:
Ankergren
Lopez (right back)
Calderon
Dunk
Painter
Lua Lua
Crofts
Dicker
Barnes
Dobbie
CMS

And that's not even including Hoskins.
8 of that second team got us to 10th last year, and the other 3 (Lopez, Crofts and Dobbie) add even more quality and experience.

Let's see your first and second 11 please.

Oh where to start Trigsy ? Firstly I have no idea who most of these people are, they are just names on a page - half of them could be people you went to school with for all I know. And if they are so good, why are they happy outside the first team ? And finally, great improvement with 8 new players, your scouting network must really be the nuts - all those players and for 2 or 3 places better off so far. Thats just piss poor. We got 5 new players in August and went from relegation favourites to promotion favourites.

Hey but scouting and developing must just be another thing we are better at than you. Marvellous.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

you will learn that everyone is a moron to superbez

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Firstly I have no idea who most of these people are, they are just names on a page - half of them could be people you went to school with for all I know.
This proves the main point. You know f*** all about football. Yet you want to try and argue with someone about it :shrug:

And if they are so good, why are they happy outside the first team ?
Who said they were all happy? I'm sure some are a lot less than happy. And being good enough to hold their own in the championship doesn't mean they're good enough to start in a team that wants to challenge for promotion.

And finally, great improvement with 8 new players, your scouting network must really be the nuts - all those players and for 2 or 3 places better off so far. Thats just piss poor. We got 5 new players in August and went from relegation favourites to promotion favourites.
Firstly, you're certainly not promotion favourites yet. Secondly, yes, you did a great job of riding high without many new players. You have been over-performing and we have been under-performing.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
This proves the main point. You know f*** all about football. Yet you want to try and argue with someone about it :shrug:

Thats quite a leap there old boy. Providing those are your players, I dont think anyone other than a Brighton fan would know that and I'd wager that most of those dont either. Im willing to further bet that Alex Ferguson doesnt know who the Brighton reserves are either, so would you say he knows f*** all about football too ? Thought not. So, quite simply, that most certainly does not prove the main point.

Also, not promotion favourites yet ? When would that be then, when we actually go up ? Let me explain - promotion favourites are decided while the season is ongoing, promotion is decided at the end. There you go, not so difficult after all.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

' More rubbish than your rivals forever' interesting....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hand on heart my honest opinion is BAH ha e a much much stronger squad than palace. But you can only select 11 to start each game and fair play to Palace for their season do far. The end of the season will show who's been the stronger team, as we clearly were last yr by 10 points..

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Thats quite a leap there old boy. Providing those are your players, I dont think anyone other than a Brighton fan would know that and I'd wager that most of those dont either. Im willing to further bet that Alex Ferguson doesnt know who the Brighton reserves are either, so would you say he knows f*** all about football too ? Thought not. So, quite simply, that most certainly does not prove the main point.

Also, not promotion favourites yet ? When would that be then, when we actually go up ? Let me explain - promotion favourites are decided while the season is ongoing, promotion is decided at the end. There you go, not so difficult after all.

Pretty Sure Alex Ferguson would know CMS, Lua Lua (played in prem for Newcastle - albeit briefly), Dobbie (well known in the game), Crofts (a season in the prem with Norwich last year where he was a regular starter) and Ankergren (again well known in the game from his time at Leeds.

As for promotion favourites - you are not. Just looked on Betfair, You are 4th Favourites behind Cardiff, Hull and Leicester.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Hand on heart my honest opinion is BAH ha e a much much stronger squad than palace. But you can only select 11 to start each game and fair play to Palace for their season do far. The end of the season will show who's been the stronger team, as we clearly were last yr by 10 points..

Agree, on paper and with the amount of stupid last minute goals we have conceded and not turning chances into goals we should have at least 10 points more. I know the scum have had a bad run recently and let in some last minute goals but before that they have probably won every game they have been on top of whereas we haven't.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Short memory. We finished higher than your lot last season. Probably will again this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here