Glenn Murray has donated £ 100 to Walt Jabsco for his REMF Brighton Marathon run

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Carry on posting, Gareth, and ignore the mean-spirited fuckers on this thread.
I'm sure most of the NSC community whole-heartedly support you in your efforts to raise money for the REMF.

Apologies. It's been a long day but I hope beneath my callow sarcasm I make a good point about the REMF threads beng collated .....please?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Bloke is leading scorer and darling of Brighton fans and then of all the teams he chooses to join it's our arch rivals. No...I can't understand why he would get grief either.

That's pushing it a bit, Glenn was never 'darling of Brighton fans'.

Last edited:

peejay1958

Aug 22, 2011
Southwick
Can't understand the shit Murray is getting, he got called a wanker by 20,000 brighton fans and then scored and didn't celebrate. He has respect for the club and it's fans, yes he joined Palace for a few extra quid but I reckon he'd be back here in a heartbeat and if Palace and ourselves had put the same offer on the table to you really think he would have joined THEM? Give the man a break, especially over a petty issue like this!

With 20,000 people calling him a wanker is it any wonder that he responds by sticking the ball in the net? If he wasn't already psyched for the match, he would have been after that....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not upset about him going to palace. I don't think I'm attached enough to any player to be upset about them leaving us, even to our rivals. And the donation is a nice touch. But I don't want our club to pay to sign someone who left us the year before without us getting anything for it. Even if he comes back on the wages we offered last summer, we'd be paying more than we feel he's worth because we'd also be paying the transfer fee.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We can look for a negative in everything can't we ? The guy makes a decent donation and still gets stick.

Including gift aid - £ 8561.25 now so £ 8500 broken.

Last edited:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
We can look for a negative in everything can't we ? The guy make a decent donation and still gets stick.

Including gift aid - £ 8561.25 now so £ 8500 broken.

I have not given Glenn any stick, i just don`t think a donation of that size considering his wages warrants legend status, neither does playing well for one season

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Out of genuine interest seeing as we are Glenn bashing, how many of the current Albion squad have contributed and how much?

To my knowledge NONE.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There really are some sad, bitter and twisted posters on here at the moment who need to get on with their lives.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Out of genuine interest seeing as we are Glenn bashing, how many of the current Albion squad have contributed and how much?

I think that's a very rocky road to go down. Do you remember that donate a day's wages to the nurses thing that they tried to get the footballers to do. I kind of agreed with Arsenal FC who said that they wouldn't do it because they have their own charities and don't want to put moral blackmail on anyone. Take me for example, I don't donate to Red Cross for one particular moral reason, I give generously (by my standards!) to MIND and also to Anti-Slavery International but I don't give much to REMF. My choice and I hope I don't get shot down for that.

And also, it's worth mentioning all the work that all the players do for Albion In The Community which has won nationwide plaudits for it's imagination, it's reach and the number of people it has helped. I say leave it up to each person to donate as they choose.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
I'm glad this is in a separate thread for one; I haven't read the REMF thread - too daunting to begin going through all the pages and its nice to have little updates throughout. I also think it is a superb gesture, well done Glenn.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think that's a very rocky road to go down. Do you remember that donate a day's wages to the nurses thing that they tried to get the footballers to do. I kind of agreed with Arsenal FC who said that they wouldn't do it because they have their own charities and don't want to put moral blackmail on anyone. Take me for example, I don't donate to Red Cross for one particular moral reason, I give generously (by my standards!) to MIND and also to Anti-Slavery International but I don't give much to REMF. My choice and I hope I don't get shot down for that.

And also, it's worth mentioning all the work that all the players do for Albion In The Community which has won nationwide plaudits for it's imagination, it's reach and the number of people it has helped. I say leave it up to each person to donate as they choose.

Fair comments mate but I don't why Glenn should be flamed for chipping in £ 100.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm glad this is in a separate thread for one; I haven't read the REMF thread - too daunting to begin going through all the pages and its nice to have little updates throughout. I also think it is a superb gesture, well done Glenn.

That was my motive and I thought it was worth commenting on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports