Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Rea on the way out?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Can we persuade Jones he needs Chicksen Holla and Ince to help his squad?

Issues with that master plan is we will be paying them more than Luton can afford. So Holla and Chicksen will sit it out with us. Ince is still a match day squad member for us, so not sure why he would be sold.

The other issue with your plan is Jones has seen Chicksen and Holla train and play, so knows they are either useless or have attitude issues....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Jones isn't going to be able to afford Ince or Holla, even on loan.

Maybe Chicksen would prefer a longer deal now, than to see out his 6 months here, but do Luton actually need a leftback ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jones isn't going to be able to afford Ince or Holla, even on loan.

Maybe Chicksen would prefer a longer deal now, than to see out his 6 months here, but do Luton actually need a leftback ?

How ever much they paid, even uf only 25% reduces our expenditure. Failing that we keep paying them to not make the first team line up.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What have you got against Ince? He was a regular for 2 years and showed himself to be a very good defensive midfielder. He's not suddenly become useless just because Stephens and Kayal are keeping him out of the starting 11.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
From what I can gather, they wanted him back, but also wanted to buy him. With our aging defence, I think Hughton wants him to go on loan, rather than risking a bid coming in for him.
With Jonah, he'll be in safe hands, but back with us for next season.

I agree I think we don't want to sell him and he could be potentially a top Brighton player in the future. What would hinder that would be if we get promoted because I think we would be bringing in better Central defenders and that would leave it more difficult for him to break into the team.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Nathan will try and get any youngsters if he feels they can improve his team, from anywhere.

But it wont be driven by Hughton, Luton is the recipient club and Jones will have no sense of loyalty towards Brighton's players development, his responsibility will be to win games for Luton not to help our own academy.

Or maybe even during his interview with Luton he said ''Look if Brighton get promoted they will be building a premiership squad and I will be able to tap onto that squad for good potential loan deals for their fringe players''

We can only really guess at the moment.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Or maybe even during his interview with Luton he said ''Look if Brighton get promoted they will be building a premiership squad and I will be able to tap onto that squad for good potential loan deals for their fringe players''

We can only really guess at the moment.

Have no doubt that his previous and current contacts were a factor, but again he will only bring in any young loan players that he feels will benefit Luton Town FC, the inference was that CH could use Luton as some feeder club and although I get the cross benefits i think we were perhaps overcooking our young DS players.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Nathan will try and get any youngsters if he feels they can improve his team, from anywhere.

But it wont be driven by Hughton, Luton is the recipient club and Jones will have no sense of loyalty towards Brighton's players development, his responsibility will be to win games for Luton not to help our own academy.

Absolutely this. Nathan is his own man, and his responsibilities are solely to Luton Town now, and quire rightly so.

Did he show any loyalty toward the Albion when her left for Yeovil as a player?, no of course he didn't.

Nathan has left to forge his own career in management, and good luck to him. Don't expect too many favours from him though!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Absolutely this. Nathan is his own man, and his responsibilities are solely to Luton Town now, and quire rightly so.

Did he show any loyalty toward the Albion when her left for Yeovil as a player?, no of course he didn't.

Nathan has left to forge his own career in management, and good luck to him. Don't expect too many favours from him though![/QUOTE]

The majority of the favours with that sort of set up would be be going mostly one way, so it would be more in Nathan's interest than Brighton's' to maintain the cordial relationship. If Brighton get promoted we would have 70 other clubs to chose from to ship players out on loan to. just like it is for us at the moment to have good connections with the Premiership clubs should we require players on loan. The suggestion that the loanee club pulls the stings is just not true.

It is highly unlikely that we were the ones playing ''hard ball'' when we were trying to get James Wilson in on loan

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Thats true, there are many dynamics to a move.

But with us as soon as you leave the immediate first team squad (which perhaps are not so willing to go to a League 2 club in any case) it quickly falls away to our very youngest professionals, my point really being that I am not sure there is an obvious advantage to Luton whereas the OP seemed to identify a development opportunity for those currently struggling to find a win in the U21 league.

I just assume if he can tap into any of our players he would be looking beyond any untried Brighton DS players, especially as some sort of favour just to help with those players own development.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Nathan has left to forge his own career in management, and good luck to him. Don't expect too many favours from him though!

Hughton will know that any young player will get good coaching under Jones. We've called Walton back from two loans because it hasn't gone too well for him.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Hughton will know that any young player will get good coaching under Jones. We've called Walton back from two loans because it hasn't gone too well for him.

No this is my point, firstly Jones has to identify a young player that might be better than what he has, that is the first hurdle.

It seems Rea is one of them and beyond him you start to struggle a little bit, time will tell.

Walton's example is just two clubs acknowledging there is no advantage to the loanee club nor the player to continue the arrangement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here