Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Rea on the way out?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Tommy Cook all over again? He's nowhere near the first team but seems to be our most promising young CB alongside Dallison.

Tommy Cook, the Albion and Sussex CCC legend, killed himself. So, let's hope not. Tommy Cook Report was also the name of a fantastic Albion fanzine.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He plays centre midfield for the Irish U21s.

Some other crappy Twitter site reckons Birminhgam want him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Very happy for Jonesy to take a few of our youngsters on loan. I'm certain they'll play some decent football

Hmmmmm I wonder if Nathan and Chris have something pre-agreed with some of our other Youth Development players like Harper and players like that to help in their development. Would be an interesting way of getting those players more competitive football

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Hmmmmm I wonder if Nathan and Chris have something pre-agreed with some of our other Youth Development players like Harper and players like that to help in their development. Would be an interesting way of getting those players more competitive football

Nathan will try and get any youngsters if he feels they can improve his team, from anywhere.

But it wont be driven by Hughton, Luton is the recipient club and Jones will have no sense of loyalty towards Brighton's players development, his responsibility will be to win games for Luton not to help our own academy.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Nathan will try and get any youngsters if he feels they can improve his team, from anywhere.

But it wont be driven by Hughton, Luton is the recipient club and Jones will have no sense of loyalty towards Brighton's players development, his responsibility will be to win games for Luton not to help our own academy.

But I would have thought he would have discussed with CH who may benefit from a loan over last few months, so he will have a good idea of our thinking.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
But I would have thought he would have discussed with CH who may benefit from a loan over last few months, so he will have a good idea of our thinking.

Definitely, but it wouldnt be driven by Hughton, whom might want a couple to go out on loan for their own development, it would be wholly driven by Jones on whom he might bring in to improve his side.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'd rather Rea went on loan to L1 Southend than L2 Luton.

Perhaps but from what I gather he was struggling to get a game there, if a loan is key then it needs to be somewhere he at least plays regularly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whilst Jones has no allegiance to CH to take loan players he will know and have worked with many of the younger players so knows their capability rather than an unknown from Derby or similar.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd rather Rea went on loan to L1 Southend than L2 Luton.

From what I can gather, they wanted him back, but also wanted to buy him. With our aging defence, I think Hughton wants him to go on loan, rather than risking a bid coming in for him.
With Jonah, he'll be in safe hands, but back with us for next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here