Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury - June 2019

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm sure Sparks have played Glastonbury.

Tears for Fears would rock the legends slot, btw.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Springsteen would be a pretty big headliner

How many bands that played the first Glastonbury are still going?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Did the Foo Fighters ever reschedule after they had to withdraw a few years ago?

FF/Fleetwood Mac/A more current act... The1975?
The 1975 are probably the worst "popular" band I have ever heard. Actually one of the worst bands I've heard full stop.

They keep winning awards and I keep thinking "am I the only person with ears?".

The most turgid, wishy washy crap. They are so bad It's almost funny. People liking them and the airplay they get, not so funny. More depressing really.

It's a sad indictment of the country when such complete w*nkness can be popular and praised.

I heard that they won Best British Band at some awards thing and just laughed.

Utter shite.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I can recite a fair few songs I listened to a lot in my teenage years/early 20s.
If I'd been given the chance at 15 then I could have got on stage with NWA and done the whole of Straight Outta Compton (the album not just the tune) word for word.

I doubt Dre, Ice Cube, Ren, E etc would have welcomed a well spoken blonde kid from Lewes into their performance though. And fair enough! [emoji23]

Part of the reason why I found that Glasto thing with Dave so endearing.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Just watching the Johnny Marr set. Wow. Electronic, Smiths, his solo stuff. All bloody great.

Hope he doesn't ever bother getting back with Morrissey as he's better without him. Plus Moz is a complete ****.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Watching The Cure now, Plainsong and Pictures of You.

Magnificent.

I will adjust my bass settings as it is missing a touch of bottom end.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Hot Chip set is excellent as per but they're not the same without Sarah on drums. Replacement bloke (don't know who) nowhere near as good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes.
I should imagine it's going to be 3 really big names, maybe 1 as a shock like Fleetwood Mac, but it would be such a huge let down if they were to be poor.
Another shout for the legends (and even headline on any other Glastonbury except next year) would be one of my favourite bands of all time.
Sparks.
Everybody knows them for This Town Ain't Big Enough, but they have a huge catalogue of great songs and are almost as good today as they were 30 years ago and still making great albums.

Number 1 Song in Heaven is one of the best disco songs there is.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Been there. Too self-indulgent for the kids.

Too self-indulgent for me. I got fed up and staggered off and found The Wonder Stuff playing in a tent somewhere and had a fantastic time.

Interesting, although not surprising, to read the Killers getting a largely poor response on here. Just scanning reviews quickly this morning, both The Guardian and NME gave them 5/5.

I've long been a fan, and always enjoyed their live shows - maybe TV doesn't do them justice...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Too self-indulgent for me. I got fed up and staggered off and found The Wonder Stuff playing in a tent somewhere and had a fantastic time.

IIRC, even Guardian writers were wandering off.

Really don't think he'll headline again. Maybe the legends slot.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Interesting, although not surprising, to read the Killers getting a largely poor response on here. Just scanning reviews quickly this morning, both The Guardian and NME gave them 5/5.

I've long been a fan, and always enjoyed their live shows - maybe TV doesn't do them justice...
I thought The Killers were excellent.

Re The Boss, I do love him but when we went to see him at Old Trafford a few years ago I did think the same.

There were some diehard fans who were loving every tune but even the Mrs (who is a big fan) didn't know lots of them.

He's got so many great tunes and he didn't play half of them. "Shut up and play the hits" as someone once said.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Only if it’s doing a cameo with AC/DC

50416BE5-7A3A-4942-A19B-32184A6DDF40.jpeg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
People saying that Kylie can't sing. I've seen her live and she can actually.

Madonna is truly awful nowadays. What voice she had has completely gone. Her at Glasto would be painful!

All of this. Also seen Kylie live and you are spot on. I really don't know what's happened to Madonna though - her voice has just gone.

My shout for a legends headline: Björk.

Please please please. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here