Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury - June 2019

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Was an amazing set, probably highlight of the weekend other than maybe Fontaines D.C., glad I was representing Brighton on TV.

Watched Fontaine DC on catch up last night. Bought the album around the same time they played the Concorde and note they play the same venue in November. Sold out but hopefully I’ll get hold of a ticket one way or another.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Amazing week!!

Praying already for next year's tickets.....I couldn't think of anything worse than watching it on telly knowing the fun they are having.

Loved Liam Gallagher.

Mik Artistik was as good as I remembered.

Hobo Jones and the Junk Yard Dogs were my top find this year, recommend catching them next year.

And I could go on...

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I couldn't think of anything worse than watching it on telly knowing the fun they are having.

As enjoyable as it was on tv I did wish I was there a number of times; especially when The Chemical Brothers Hey Boy, Hey Girl launched; it looked insane.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This is still making me smile.

[tweet]1145648240538210304[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/BBCR1/status/1145648240538210304

Mr Silva loving it too - he's pinned he Tweet to his profile.

alex.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Call me cynical, but was he randomly plucked from the crowd?

I didn't know Dave was there. Another set to catch up on.

Knowing how big that song is/was and how passionate Dave's fan base is (as well as him doing something similar with less success at other festivals) I would 100% say this is a random fan plucked from the crowd. A PSG Silva top is a pretty big indicator of a safe bet when he picked someone.

We’re talking about the first British rapper to have a #1 single without any pop help, and also beat Foals to a #1 album earlier in the year too. He’s a big deal to a lot of people.

Anyway, for a weird Albion connection to Dave; Dave organises a football tournament for his birthday every year, where a load of rappers enter teams and they draft in their mates who are good at football. The Santan Cup 2019 featured 8 teams, including a team from Glastonbury headliner Stormzy, and numerous pro players including Nile Ranger & Rian Brewster. Where was the tournament held? The Americans Express Elite Performance Centre. :mad:

(They also invited Sunday League YouTube team SE Dons which is how I saw the video and found out it had been at our training ground.. SE Dons have Zak Ansah playing for them, son of former Albion loanee Andy Ansah)

he certainly was just plucked from he crowd. he's a pupil at the school that my wife teaches at.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
he certainly was just plucked from he crowd. he's a pupil at the school that my wife teaches at.

Brilliant! He’s gone from less than 200 followers on twitter to nearly 50,000 in 2 days and had some massive celebs message him. Hope he’s enjoying his 15 minutes.

U.K. Hip-Hop having the most talked about performance and moment at Glasto. You love to see it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Brilliant! He’s gone from less than 200 followers on twitter to nearly 50,000 in 2 days and had some massive celebs message him. Hope he’s enjoying his 15 minutes.

U.K. Hip-Hop having the most talked about performance and moment at Glasto. You love to see it.

From an oldie....... How the f**k does he learn all those lyrics?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

What's his twitter username??

*EDIT* Post above mine! D'oh

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
On the non-musical side of things, there was a lot of positive coverage this year about a) Glasto banning plastic water bottles; and b) the massive reception given to David Attenborough doing his "save the planet" thing. And then I've just seen the footage of people cleaning up the tons of biodegradable crap left behind by these supposedly environmentally-friendly festival goers:
https://twitter.com/bbcsomerset/status/1145663912257433601

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On the non-musical side of things, there was a lot of positive coverage this year about a) Glasto banning plastic water bottles; and b) the massive reception given to David Attenborough doing his "save the planet" thing. And then I've just seen the footage of people cleaning up the tons of biodegradable crap left behind by these supposedly environmentally-friendly festival goers:

Unfortunately, hypocrites dropping plastic litter and not bothering to take home camp chairs, mattresses and tents. Resulting in landfill and the manufacture of dumped items in the first place.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

99% of people are just there to get out their nut and see their favourite bands. They are aren't claiming to be environmentally-friendly. However the organisers wanted it to be as it is cheaper on clean up for them.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
99% of people are just there to get out their nut and see their favourite bands. They are aren't claiming to be environmentally-friendly. However the organisers wanted it to be as it is cheaper on clean up for them.

I know - they're still t*ssers though, IMO, to leave all that behind

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Shattered, burnt but a great laugh!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here