Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury ... from the comfort of your sofa

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm starting to worry about Florence running around the stage in bare feet, I hope nobody has dropped some cable clips. ???

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
First time I've heard her. Impressive. They were a good range of songs representing different styles. Any album stand out?
I know the marketing guys are pumping him, but Leon Bridges was a welcome return to 60s soul.
My missus is up for a bit of Marcos Valle.

Re Shazza: I'd start with Are We There and work your way backwards, should you wish. Marcos Valle looked a little sparsely attended, but I'm not sure who he was up against.

On my radar for Saturday, well, not too much - Courtney Barnett, maybe Sleaford Mods, are The Staves playing, or am I getting mixed up with Slaves? Kids will want to see Frank Turner. Pyramid Stage a bit of a write-off for me. May tune into the start of Kanye, probably won't watch more than 20 mins or so though, unless I'm captivated. Hoping for some entertaining between-songs monologues.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Libertines were fairly tasty, Carl Barât looked somewhat 'on one' but maybe he always looks like that.

Jungle's set was one song sliced up into six or seven, although you couldn't tell where one finished and the next one started. The pocket sized break dancing girl was something else though.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Shameful that they didn't try harder to stop Flirence headlining, must be the worst in history
Standout was the Motörhead drum solo, superb stuff

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Highlights of yesterday from what I saw.

Wolf Alice - best thing I saw all day
Super Furry Animals headlining the park stage were superb.
Vaccines were also pretty decent.

Today the only things I am really interested in is Courtney Barnett and hopefully some coverage of Death from above 1979.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The Beeb don't seem to be covering the Moody Blues or Donovan, even on the red button. Any way for us oldies to get our acoustic fix?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I seem to remember him being a bit livelier at the Top Rank Suite 37 years ago

Really? I was lead to believe their first ever show in Brighton was supporting Alice Cooper about 6 or 7 years ago at the Centre, and their second as a headliner with Saxon and Danko Jones in support at the Dome 3 or 4 years ago. And to date those are their only two shows In Brighton.

At least that's what I had been lead to believe, I've been to over 50 of their shows, and don't recall any others in Brighton.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I have watched some of it - maybe I am getting old but what I have seen is distinctly average .

It does seem to be lacking something this year, insipid dross like Florence and the Machine and also Kayne West as headliners and bands like Rudimental and Jungle hawking the same old set from last year don't really inspire. Having seen The Who's storming O2 gig earlier this year I'm looking forward to their Sunday slot.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Re Shazza: I'd start with Are We There and work your way backwards, should you wish. Marcos Valle looked a little sparsely attended, but I'm not sure who he was up against.

On my radar for Saturday, well, not too much - Courtney Barnett, maybe Sleaford Mods, are The Staves playing, or am I getting mixed up with Slaves? Kids will want to see Frank Turner. Pyramid Stage a bit of a write-off for me. May tune into the start of Kanye, probably won't watch more than 20 mins or so though, unless I'm captivated. Hoping for some entertaining between-songs monologues.

It's the Slaves, I think. Was wondering if Sleaford Mods would be shown in the afternoon, perhaps on CBeebies? My kid likes (or liked, courtesy of the Olympics) Frank Turner. Might give Kanye a go too, otherwise will just check out what's going on. V much enjoyed Benjamin Booker last night too. And thanks for the SvE tip: will do.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I flicked the tv over to it yesterday midway through Alabama Shakes.

I've heard the name but never the music before. I loved every second of it. BRILLIANT.

Also I only knew one track by Jungle (the song from FIFA15!). Again, REALLY enjoyed their set.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
It's the Slaves, I think. Was wondering if Sleaford Mods would be shown in the afternoon, perhaps on CBeebies? My kid likes (or liked, courtesy of the Olympics) Frank Turner. Might give Kanye a go too, otherwise will just check out what's going on. V much enjoyed Benjamin Booker last night too. And thanks for the SvE tip: will do.

With a simultaneous broadcast on Radio 3 of course. Whoever edits their set will be on overtime I suspect.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Really? I was lead to believe their first ever show in Brighton was supporting Alice Cooper about 6 or 7 years ago at the Centre, and their second as a headliner with Saxon and Danko Jones in support at the Dome 3 or 4 years ago. And to date those are their only two shows In Brighton.

At least that's what I had been lead to believe, I've been to over 50 of their shows, and don't recall any others in Brighton.

Just checked and they played the suite in 77 and 78. F***** if I can remember which one it was that I was at though :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here